So what would YOU do? Possible males, female (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HighOnTheHill, Jun 10, 2009.

1. #1 HighOnTheHill, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    Okay so I posted a thread 3 days ago about this potential male I had, and I still don't have anything definite out of that one.

I have another plant that COULD be a male, but once again nothing definite.

I have 1 plant that is FOR SURE female, 2 sets of unmistakable pistils.

I have another plant that is PROBABLY female; 1 set of "just coming in" pistils, another day or two should do the trick.

2 more plants have no signs either way.

My issue is placing the "possible males" in with the females due to the pistils being exposed. I don't want a pollen sack opening prematurely. If that's even what they are. I realize that I may be coming off as paranoid, but my last crop got slightly pollinated by a few sacks that opened up (I THOUGHT I got it out in time).

Okay, I WOULD thumbnail these, but I want them for my grow journal, and you can't upload them twice. Plus they're bigger this way =D More detail.

Okay this is the same pic that I posted on my other thread, really there isn't any difference yet, only its 3 days later.

[​IMG]

These next 3 pictures all came off of the plant I noticed showing possible signs of being a male today, each picture is of a different set located on the 4th and 5th nodes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These last 2 pictures are of my pistils. They're kind of hard to see in the 2nd picture, but it's a totally different set and you couldn't see them AT ALL with the flash, but, I know they're there, this is my FOR SURE female:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have another plant that COULD be female, but the "pistils" are so small I can't get a pic. Couple more days :)

So what would you guys do? Take the chance that they could turn out to be female? Get rid of a certain one, keep one? Just put yourself in my shoes. I probably won't even wait 24 hours on this unless I get some good replies. I figure I'll just take cuttings.

I'm going to be doing a rotating crop thingy, where I put one plant in flowering per week or something, Haven't figured out my timing on that yet. I'll know within 48 hours though. I can always take clones off a known female.

Edit: Ugh, same pic twice. Fixed. And those really are the best pics I can get. Flash got too frustrating (the one pic I did use flash on for the males took me 10,000 tries) because the flash whites them out so you can't see 'em at all.

2. I would leave 'em alone until the balls are really obvious.

You'll know the sex for sure before they pop and pollinate your female(s).

Edit: sorry about your bad experience before with males, I'd be gun-shy as well. But I think you're being a little extreme in thinking about removing males at this point. They usually show before females anyway so... they might all be female!

3. pics 2 3 and 4 look definately male to me , but the females look good