So what would a cop do if you ONLY had a joint on you

Discussion in 'General' started by Carl25, Aug 18, 2010.

1. IF you had your id and shit and maybe a lighter and nothing else
    Can they do anything other than, go home and take your joint away from you

2. It depends on the cop and the state...some states its only a ticket for a few grams, other states they can still arrest you.

But it also depends on the cop. I got caught smoking a blunt once in NJ and the cop didn't arrest me or give me a ticket.

3. In my lovely state of FL, that'd be "possession of marijuana less than twenty grams."

4. would be a class b missdemeanor here.. and you'd spend the night in jail. and have a 600 dollar fine

5. Probably would depend on the cop. If it was a pretty chill guy he would probably just take it and send you on your way but if not he or she could probably give you a pretty big fine or even a night in jail. Again state laws vary

6. Yeah, it all really depends on the individual cop and the location, not just the state. Even in a pot-friendly state like California, there are some places where you could CONCEIVABLY be arrested, though I kind of doubt it.

7. In MA. they would take the joint and give you a $100 ticket decrim ftw!

8. wow tickets, really ?
    me and my friends got caught with pipes and weed (less than 8th for us) and pipe and shit got taken away but we just left

9. #9 ZarTheDragon, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    they usually just let you go, depends on the cop.

Ive been let go with a blunt. he just smoked my donny danko.

10. :cry:

11. just eat that shit!

12. in california hed probably just say "dont let me catch you again" and either A. make you unroll it drop it on the ground and pour water on it or stomp on it or something. or B. take it and smoke it himself

13. throw it on the ground, grind it in with ya shoe, have a good day sir, heh.

14. Cops are dicks round here so he/she would probably rub the joint up and down their butt crack then make me smoke it. Then be like, "weed don't taste so good now, does it?!?" But I'd be too high to care.

15. where im from itd be life in prison, castrate your balls, etc.., etc..

16. most cops would arrest you and charge you with possession. It happened to me twice and I was the most polite person theyve probably ever dealt with..:confused: FUCK THEM

17. I was written up on charges for possession for a couple specs of weed in an altoids can, not even a smokeable amount. You'll get charged for your joint, this isn't 1980 where cops would just smash your weed and dump out your beer and tell you to go home.

18. ...que?

19. ive been given weed back by a cop......ONCE...

other than that they watch you grind your bud into the dirt....and tell you to leave...

20. last time i got roleld up in the state of california, the cop just took my jug, emptied my weed, crushed it with his foot, said something snarky then threw the jug and told me to go home