So what the f*ck did high school teach you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Solid State Society, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I feel like I can say high school was such a fucking waste of time for the most part. I don't think it prepared me for the real world at all but that could be different for other school systems in other countries.

I took auto mechanic class all throughout high school, it was a pretty enjoyable course for the most part and extremely practical at the same time...+1

Today I encountered my first real mechanic issue with my car...my starter bit the dust. I went out and got one for my car, installed that shit on my own and probably saved my ass a lot of money in the process.

Then I reflected on all those courses I had to take in high school and how much I really didn't get from it. High school was really just about forcing myself to get good grades so I can get into university and start a career. What the fuck? I learned nothing useful except how to give my car some TLC when it needs it.

Maybe my high school just fucking sucked along with the staff. Who knows.

2. Nothing...Never went, too busy with drinking a drugs.:cool:

3. Taught me to learn

4. Taught me to never take shit for granted.

5. it taught me a few things socially

teens are ignorant

douchebags get the girl

teen girls are dumb shits usually

yea . . . . . didn't really learn anything academic in there haha

6. It taught me very early on that I hate the vast majority of the people that surround me.

7. I did however come away with the same...All thanks to free lunch and munchies.:cool:

8. i learned alot of stuff about history and basic math that i'm glad i know. social skills are probably the biggest part of the high school experience. that and giving teenagers somthing to do other than wreak havoc.

9. i learned that female gym teachers are mosltly dikes.

10. I learned a bit I suppose, but I realize I tried so hard for nothing. I maintained a 4.0 just to fuck it up to a 3.4 my senior year, and I'm going to community college anyways, so it was all useless.

11. it taught me how to put up with and deal with shitty people

a key skill in this world

12. -How to deal with people
    -interest to learn more
    -ideas on what to be when you're older
    -etc.

I mean, come on. I doubt you were "prepared for the real world" when you were an 8th grader.

13. That schools are becoming more and more fascist when it comes to stupid rules and dress codes.

14. [quote name='"ReallyDamnHigh"']It taught me very early on that I hate the vast majority of the people that surround me.[/quote]

Learned this very early.

15. How to hide my boner by blocking it by my books and folders.

16. Finaly! I thought my high school was the only one!
    I learned
    -what many drugs do
    -weed is more important than school
    -how to run from the police
    -how to skip class, cheat on tests, talk my way out of trouble.
    -how to get booze
    -how to party
    -and how to just genrally not give a damn.

Then my ass wised up half way through my high school career. I quit doing most of the dumb shit I posted above and got my shit straight. Managed to graduate with good grades while the people I used to run with dropped out. Once I started paying attention I found subjects I loved and just started to like school in general. Even though I did some stupid shit I honesty think high school made me a better person.

17. How to sleep in uncomfortable positions.

18. Gonna tell you this...I graduated high school and felt the same way....I wasted the next 26 years of my life trying to prove those fuckers wrong...

Well...the fuckers are sort of right...ya can't be a moron and live happy.

Learn what ya gotta learn, grow up and live happy.

19. To pass unnoticed most of the time. (I was the fat, nerdy, student librarian.) It can be a useful talent. You could pass me on the street today and never have a clue that I was "Granny".

That I liked science and writing!

That I was smarter than most of my teachers, but a few of them were actually caring, intelligent people.

20. I basically learned how to party in high school and im fine with that