So what light is the right light??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Big Diesel54, Apr 30, 2012.

1. OK so I plan on having a grow space of something along the lines of 3x2x6 or 4x2x6, and I plan on having 2 plants. How much wattage should I use?? I plan on getting a MH/HPS switchable system so that I won't have to buy 2 sets of lights, but I was thinking 400w. Would that be too much for 2 plants?? Thanks for the input guys.

2. Not too much light, but possibly beyond the point of diminishing returns. For 2 plants a 250w kits would be fine. But your space is larger than just 2 plants, so you might want to get the 400w or even 600w if you think you'll ever want to use more of that space.

3. I honestly just want to grow about 2 MAYBE 3 plants at a time, what size do you think I could get away with?? I don't wanna have to get them too close to the lights or running into each other that would result in bad quality yields

4. 400w or keep them short. the higher wattage the better reach below the canopy.

5. I use a 250w mh for veg and a 400w hps for flower. I can do 4 plants, sometimes I just have one flowering, 3 is average for me through a grow.

6. i just pulled 5 oz off 2 plants with a 250w hps. 18x36 cab =) 400w you should get a very nice yield =)

7. Wow, that's awesome!! What kind of soil/nutes did you use if you don't mind my asking?? And did you do any lsting?? How big did the plants get?? I was thinking about a foot would be used for the pot, and another foot would be for the light, so that would only leave about a foot to work with for the actual plant. But then again I've never grown, so there's a chance I'm way off lol :smoking: BTW sorry for the question bombing :p