So what if Vermont seceeded?

Discussion in 'General' started by dynasty, Mar 10, 2008.

1. http://www.alternet.org/story/50056/?page=1

As a United States citizen, how would you feel? The state economy can support itself, which means a sovereign nation could be a real objective. I think it would be really cool.

2. I think the federal government would probably step in and put it down. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it's just what would happen.

3. Lord I hope we're successful.

4. If vermont seceeded: the US would place huge huge tarrifs on vermont until the residents eventually gave up, or moved back into the united states. Its not rocket science: the united states bullys other nations into being their bitch, what makes you think a seceeded state would b e any different?

5. It would never work if just one state tries it, the federal gov. would crush them through trade tariffs, on any out of state utillities, and comunications, or commerece.

I for one am for secession from the union, but you would need a majority of states to make it work and it would mean some hard times for all in order for it to work

6. I wish Texas would seceed and then I would move back

7. I think it would be the shit. Makes me happy to know all that they've resisted in the past, and the major issue is that it comes down to the 10th amendment not being honored. I say more power to em.