Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So what exactly is skunk?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dalue, May 11, 2015.

1. #1 Dalue, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    My friends and I were having a debate about what certifies a bud as 'skunk'. I thought skunk was its own strain characterized by a lot of orange hairs but they thought skunk was any strong strain. So I thought I'd ask the experts, haha.

So yeah what exactly is 'skunk'. Post pictures if necessary.

EDIT: Oh and I thought that cheese and skunk were separate strains.

2. It's a term that's gotten thrown around a lot so to some folks it'll mean the one thing and for others it'll mean something else. In the UK they seem to refer to any potent hybrid as skunk, but in my mind it's a specific sort of pairing of a lankier sativa with some kind of hash plant. Hybrid vigor and all that. IME that's the commonality between skunk strains.

3. Skunk is just any weed that smells like skunk, and Cheese is one of the many different skunk strains.

But look who the parent of Cheese is ;)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431357199.777469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Yeah like dejabos said here in the UK a lot of people just refer to potent weed as 'skunk' I'm not a fan of using 'skunk' as a generic term. I was watching some stupid ass documentary about mj on channel four a while back and they tried to say like 95% of weed on the streets of the UK is skunk. They were making facts left right and centre, it was more scaremongering than a documentary imo. The only good bit was seeing Jon Snow going on a whitey lol.

5. Skunk smells like.... skunk.

6. Skunk is a term thrown around by the lamestream media to describe the 'new potent form of marijuana 10x more potent than 70s marijuana' 

7. Skunk here is usualy some B- weed thats more of a sativa then indica but its usualy hybrid, I hate the bloody name as same as I hate this type of weed, I would rather hear everywhere the word kush but whatever

8. Ran into a skunk once.

Took a bath in tomato sauce to get rid of the funk.

Crazy chit mon. [​IMG]

9. In my opinion, for it to be Skunk, it has to have skunk genetics. It should also have whatever terpine/terpine combo makes it smell like roadkill. 

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Well, back in the 90s, it was used to describe potent weed that smelled like skunk, almost literally. Usually indica, as sativa smells more fruity than sour.

11. I also watched this documentary.

12. Can't beat a good ol' skunk....weed that tastes like weed, not skittles and smells like fruit salad. Half the reason I started growing on my own is to get back to some of the funky skunkiness I miss and can't find around here anymore. Its miss labeled by so many people anymore.

13. Skunky funky, double dunky, lean n' chunky, supa monkey, of course!

[​IMG]

14. Skunks reek..
    Weed aroma is dank.
    confusion cleared?

As for genetics of seeds... Ask a dutch farmer. from what I understand, skunk #9 and 101 are potent quasi original sensimilla-based plants, coming from the landmass of the UK. Location of where plants grow greatly impacts the life of the flower and how it is consumed postmortem. UK cheese is a swanky stable hybrid with a distinct odor of odious cheese when you sniff and squeeze the buds that germinated (had plant sex) so you smell their love making cheesiness in the sticky.

My plant knowledge of the day 😁

15. What is shunk

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

16. Weed that smells like a skunks asshole is skunk. Dank or a Grade is a better term for potent weed in general. Skunk is a specific smelling kind of pot.

17. Rose I'll leave the Skunk assholes to those who dig on that type of crap or whatever it takes. But I'll take your word for it anyway! No worries! LOL

Dennis in Idaho

"You'll always remember the Ride! The destination is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll ALWAYS Remember the Ride!"