So what are you going to do when we bomb Iran?

Discussion in 'General' started by KingPins, Sep 6, 2007.

1. America was under the impression that the unstable dictator had nuclear and/or biological weapons.

Yes we all know that that logic is false now.

Like they say, hindsight is 20/20.

2. That still doesn't explain why there are still troops in Iraq... Saddam's been out of power for a long time now. He's already been tried and hung. Now, we know there are no weapons of mass destructions... so what is the Goverment's excuse other than it will get worse if we leave?

All their real reasons make perfect sense... unfortunately that perfect sense goes against what Americans "beleive" so they cannot be informed of real motives.

"It's need to know. And we don't need to know!"
    -Thrice

3. When America invades Iran I will promptly stick my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye. I doubt that Iran alone has the power to do much to us. The problem is that I think this would probably be the last straw for all of the crazy bastards out in the world. 9/11 was a crazy bastard warning shot. If all of the crazy bastards from the mid east, south asia, south america, and africa united we would be screwed. In conventional warfare the US could probably beat the entire world on their own. The next world war is going to be unconventional though, so there is a good chance that I will be just walking around minding my own business when I get blown up or poisoned.

4. Terrorism is the new Communism. Fear not.

The "War on Terror" is just another grand slogan for the Super-Nationalistic-Capitalistic-Colonialist agenda.

5. Because America now has a vested interest in that country. We have spent billions of dollars removing one government and establishing another. Until that government is stable with a military backbone of their own, we wont leave because their are others who would be quick to fill the void once our troops pulled out. These things take time. Actually most Americans do believe our government and dont fall into the conspiracy theorist category, but their are a lot that dont "believe in" what we are doing anymore. Unfornuately thats not grounds to pull those troops out and risk the entire destablization of that entire region; realize it or not, we now have a responsiblility to that country and its people to leave it better than it was when we entered.

6. You sound like Mike Huckabee from the debate the other night...

I'll reply with what Ron Paul said to that very rhetoric "We have a responsibility to Iraq."

We have a responsibility as a Nation to recognize the mistake we have made in Iraq. We must fix the mistake, not continue it.

Iraq was actually a quite orderly and peaceful country under Saddam Hussein's Dictatorship... so much so that the United States was once very good friends with Iraq. Who do you reckon sold him all his armament? We trurned Iraq into the "exploding clusterfuck" that it is today. The fact is, Saddam Hussein was not going to participate in the assimilation of the Middle East Union by doing business and having free-trade and open borders with Countries he hated (not necessarily the U.S.,) so he had to be removed from power... which is why if you've got your facts straight, you would know that this war is a "Regime Change," under the false presumption that he was aiding and abedding Al Qaeda Nationals even though our own CIA intelligence disagreed and it is publically known that Saddam hated Al-Qaeda and had them executed in his own Country.

Yeah, you keep "believing" it's for terrorism... I'll keep knowing it's for Colonialism, war that is.

Oh, and I find it hard to apply reason to you're ideology that we have a responsibility to Iraq to stay and help them form a new government yet you think we would just march into Iran, destroy their entire country and say, "Bye." When we overthrow their Government we will then owe them a "responsibility" to stick it out according to that logic.

7. Very good response. I agree 100% with what you said.

You cant just invade a country and then leave it in a state of chaos.. regardless of what many people think, we are doing a good job in the rebuilding of Iraq.

The war wasnt justified, but now we have the responsibility to try and make a shitty situation better, not worse.

And whoever said about when we enter Iran, that will be the last straw... i agree. but for a different reason.. there are a lot of little conflicts and countries that are allied. for instance, we attack Iran, more than likely russia gets involved.. then china.. ect..

The US is by far the strongest country in the world, but no we couldnt take Russia, China, and Iran by ourselves.

WWIII= US, Britian, and Japan vs. Iran, Russia, and China.

8. You must be joking. The only reason we have ever been "friends" with Iraq is the same reason we have been friends with Iran.. OIL.

If by being a quite orderly and peaceful country you mean the govt leaders killing anyone with opposing beliefs.. then yes you are correct.
    Are you fogetting when they exterminated tons of their own people using chemical weapons?

9. Oh, and by the way... even the Iraqi Parliament want the United States to pull out. I "believe" they know more about their own Country than either of you two or myself. I'd do what they say.

You guys have got to get over your egos and admit you were wrong... I did. I once "supported" this war... now I know better. 80% of the American public knows better... what's up with you two?

10. IVE BEEN TO IRAQ. AS AN AMERICAN SOLDIER. dont tell me I have an ego. Ive lost friends, ive seen tons of people killed.

that doesnt change the fact that if we remove all our troops. the new govt will fall and it will be 10x worse than before we went in.

If we stay another 10-18 months we can finish what we have started and leave Iraq with a stable govt and a well-trained and well-equiped army.

11. Wow, only 10-18 Months you say? Seems like they've been saying "give it six months" for 6 years now.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this war magically ended before the next election...

again, the Iraqi Parliament wants us to leave. You care to get over the "I DON'T HAVE AN EGO" rhetoric and address that issue?

Never saw a non-egocentric get so offended about someone challenging their ego. But hey, you could be the first.

But again, what say you of the Iraqi Parliament wanting the U.S. to leave?

12. What will I do? become involved with peace orginazations, and smoke more bud. I can't be drafted, or at least I cant be sent overseas without asking to be, because I'm diabetic.

13. I dont think we should march into Iran. I never said that. In fact I made a point to say we never will set a foot in Iran. What our current plan is is to destroy any military capabilities they have with an air assault, leaving their government in tact but removing any threat they pose with their ideologies and threats they have already made numerous times. Their president, however you spell his name, has already publicly announced his intentions to get a nuclear weapon and what he would do with it once he had it. Why shouldn't we believe him when he says he would blow up Israel and kill the "Great Satan", America? Some things need to be taken at face value. Not everything is a conspiracy.

14. Are you forgetting the chemical weapons we sold them to do it with?

There where none left, the UN weapons inspectors did their job, everyone knew they had nothing left.

And saddam killed something like 4000 people. Guess what. That's hardly more than died on 9/11, in one day. more people die of aids or malaria in africa every day. If we put the billions we used to kill people defending their own country into stopping starvation and disease, we could have saved thousands more than we have killed. If you wouldn't defend the US if Iraq invaded and claimed to be "liberating" us, you are a coward and should die in a hole. We need liberation more than Iraq did.

How about gauntanamo bay? I would rather die than go there, and we send people places like that all the time. There where people held for years right in the us even just because there was no proof they WERNT terrorists. US citizens even.

How about the fact that none of us have any of our constututionsl rights anymore, all in the name of catching fictional terrorists.

AND, how about the video footage showing molten metal pouring out of the twin towers before the fall, which was clearly caused by thermate or thermite, as JET FUEL DOESNT BURN HOT ENOUGH TO MELT THE STEEL IN THE TOWERS? how about the towers being textbook demolitions? how about WTC 7 falling with no damage, in an even more perfict demolition, and the mayor knowing BEFORE it happend, and all the sensative documents stored there?

15. Oil? Trust me, Soldier, it's far more complicated than that...

Yeah, I knew about his atrocities... but so did your military leaders and my elected Officials long before deciding to do business with the man knowing that currently and all the way up until his invasion he did run a "peaceful" country.

The fact is, he was no danger to the United States. He just stood in the way of much bigger plans.

16. we never sold iraq chemical weapons.. I dont even know if the US has chemical weapons.. so that information is false.. I believe they got the weapons from their own R&D and probably from help from Iran and Russia.

So the fact that Saddam only killed 4,000 people makes it OK? wtf is wrong with you.

and Perpetual- No govt wants another country in there helping them.. its an issue of pride.. we will stay until we feel they are stable and able to withstand any kind of rebellion

17. everyone is agruing about the war.. the war is already going on.. you cant change that.. what good does it do to even talk about why we went in.. blah blah blah.. shit its been 6 years now.

we need to develop a plan with withdrawl over the next 10-18 months.

18. Again, what the U.S. is capable of and what they will do is a far different story.

Ahmadinejad, has never expressed any desire to acquire nuclear weapons. They have from day one said they are only enriching uranium for nuclear energy. Now, they are complying with UN regulations and are trying to open Diplomatic doorways with the United States because they know, that the American public is getting psyched up about a war in Iran and they are trying everything possible to make sure what happened in Iraq doesn't happen to them... but war's the name of the game, it's gonna happen.

19. No that is the actual plan.. We have carriers waiting in the gulf now for their orders.. we would cripple the entire country within hours.. and it wouldnt leave the current govt intact.

Ahmadinejad is a fucking madman.. and yes he does want nuclear weapons.. and would obtain them... im pretty confident.

What do you think of Russia flying their boomers again for the first time since the cold war?... They just like flying planes, right?

comeon man, use some common sense.. Enriched plutonium and uranium arent going to be used as a source of energy in a country that has the richest source of oil in the world. and from my understanding plutonium isnt even required for nuclear power. only uranium.

20. Ahmadinejad has said hes not worried about America because "they are bluffing", and he will not retreat even a milimetre; once again you are coming to your own conclusions and not looking facts in the face. You dont think anything should be done when he says that Israel will soon enough be wiped off of the map and all zionist be killed and at the same time is striving to enrich uranium that could be used in atomic weaponry. He has made his intentions very clear. We would be fools to allow him to gain the capability of producing an atomic weapon, the man is out of his mind.