So, we were wrong- cannabis IS physically addictive

Discussion in 'General' started by feudalism, Mar 1, 2013.

1. True. I don't mind being a daily smoker but I realize that the problem is the strain itself not offering anything new to my perspective or contributing heavy ass stimulation throughout my body. The physical symptoms could be counter by having a healthy diet consisting of omega 3, foods rich in serotonin and vitamin A, C, B, etc, exercising along with more factors. 

2. #182 Verdurous, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    Op, that's a survey, not a study, and proves nothing.  :laughing:  :rolleyes:

Please show me empirical evidence indicating cannabis causes a chemical dependency and then you can call it physically addictive. Until then, it is only has the possibility to be psychologically addictive as with every other pleasurable activity ever. Any physical side effects of ceasing use are factually less significant than those from caffeine withdrawal and are entirely incomparable to physically addictive substances such as nicotine or alcohol.  :smoke: 

3. Loss of appetite is a physical symptom, is it not? I thought that was a common one.

4. I'm more curious as to why these people were regular smokers in the first place.   Surely all of them weren't just doing it for fun.

5. I'm on the fence, I can stop smoking weed when I need to and I don't depend on weed to get me through the day, but I think if I couldn't find/smoke weed for 2+ weeks I would be showing some of those withdrawal symptoms. I think it is physically addicting. Not smoking weed affects people differently.

6. #186 Verdurous, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    Psychological addiction can manifest with physical symptoms even when there is no actual chemical dependency.

7. #187 geetardude, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Still not as bad as crack, meth, and heroin. Keep smoking  :smoking: