So we are made of stardust.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mikeydoes, May 14, 2010.

1. In case some of you didn't actually know its true, it is. Every piece of you was made up of stars.

I've been watching all these Universe shows, and they are really cool. They talk about how the universe started. Which most of us know, is Supposedly the big bang theory, which I might add still might be wrong, or not entirely correct. Assuming that the big bang is correct which I believe it to be, What made the big bang happen? To me it almost seems obvious and I think I'm going somewhere with this.

I feel that the universe was started by everything wanting to live and the first thing or things whatever makes up all matter. inherantly want to evolve themselves and reproduce. Every little atom that is in your body are the things actually living. It seems to me when you die you very well may be dead, but every single part of you goes to work and lives on some other way, some are eaten by worms and pooed out. and some of you move on to a plant and lives on until it dies. when that plant dies you go on and do a new job. Ohh shit some of you turned into stainless steel, thats ok blackholes will suck us in and turn us all into new shit and blow us out again and we can in on infinitely until the end of time.

I can go on to speculate, but to me its a lot more plausible than religion(no offense).

It is amazing that I can keep track of and remem

2. Rip off of Cosmos. ;)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9dEAx5Sgw"]YouTube- Carl Sagan's Cosmos - Star Stuff[/ame]

But yeah crazy shit right?

3. Big Sagan fan here myself, and love thinking about the universe in general and how everything started. But there is something, I feel, that our brains just cannot comprehend about the start of reality. As humans, we cannot comprehend something not having a beginning, and this is the problem. For every theory we propose about the universe, such as the big bang, we always question what was before that particular event happened. There are just so many things we have yet to understand about the universe that it's almost like trying to teach a mouse rocket science, it's just not going to happen.

Maybe over the course of evolution, we will eventually be able to understand these concepts, but with the traits that are currently favored over other traits, such as stupidity being favored over intelligence, I'm not even sure our species will last that long.

4. It's a truely beautiful fact that inside every single one of us there is not a particle younger than 4 billion (4,000,000,000) years old.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfhSHVm2Fc]YouTube - Moby - We Are All Made Of Stars[/ame]

5. Everything in the universe has come from the same matter. Just what happens to that matter depends on what the conditions are. And under certain conditions, you get humans. I love this stuff too, it is all quite amazing and sometimes difficult to wrap your brain around. :) :cool:

6. This is my favorite:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk]YouTube - Symphony of Science - 'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)[/ame]

7. ^ dope song