Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So very, very tired of all the drug test misinformation

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by narcoleptic696, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Reposted because the last one was closed, also new and improved first post and title.

Recently, I had to take a pre-employment drug test. Now I read the official thread and came to the conclusion that niacin was the answer. Then I read about goldenseal. Then I read about the cleanout drinks you can buy for a shitload of money at GNC or head shops. Then I got the official word on NORML's website, and found out that it was all total bull.

Just go to norml.org, and search for drug testing. An interesting page comes up. Quotes:

"Water is fine - contrary to popular rumor, there is NO evidence that goldenseal, vinegar, niacin, or vitamin C help."

"
    A number of high-priced herbal teas and powders are promoted as urine cleansers, with no good medical rationale. While some users have reported remarkable success with them, many others have not. Independent experiments suggest that it may be water dilution, not the screen itself, that accounts for success."

I listened to NORML, figuring it was a more reputable source than any other, and ignored all the hype. I had 6 days until I had to take the test, and in that time I lived my life completely normally (without smoking of course). I did not take any niacin and I did not drink freaky amounts of water every day. The day of the test came around and I followed the advice oF NORML, namely, drinking a lot of water 2 hours before the test and taking B vitamins for a nice yellow color.

It worked. I start my first day in a few hours, actually

So to those who talk about niacin or goldenseal or Q-carbo: please, please, please, quit spreading all this false information. Telling people to drink excessive amounts of water days and days before the test, or telling people to take a whole lot of <blank>something crazy only makes their lives a little less pleasant and wastes their money for no reason. When this question comes up again on the forums, or if it comes up again in your daily life, refer the person to the NORML page, linked at the bottom of this post.

Remember, all your successes with these crazy schemes were due to simple dilution on the day of the test, not because of any of your actions before. </blank>

It's kind of like if you take a painkiller for a very bad headache, and decide that hopping on one foot will make the headache go away better than the painkiller would. So you hop and hop and hop for about 45 minutes, and all of a sudden the painkiller takes effect and the headache goes away. "Gosh!" you exclaim, "That hopping on one foot really cured my headache!" And then of course every time your friends have headaches you tell them to hop on one foot.
    <blank>
    To those who are currently freaking out about a future test and have made a giant money-wasting trip to GNC, or are pissing every 10 minutes even though the test isn't till next week, or are burning up because of niacin, quit it. Face up to the facts that there are no certain ways to pass a drug test on short notice. Day of the test dilution and B vitamins is hit or miss, and although that is not perfect, it is simply the only way. I was successful with it. You can be too.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4934

I hope that this at least makes a dent in the giant shit-pile of misinformation about drug testing out there. Although it probably won't. :( </blank>

• Like Like x 1

2. And like I said before on the other thread, water never worked for my boyfriend. He has had success with taking niacin the night before, even if he smoked that night, without drinking a lot of water, if any at all. My Fred is not a water drinker, so I doubt he even drank any.

Honestly, I just think different things work for different people. :shrug:

3. How would someone not drink anything with all the physical effects of taking too much niacin? And how, exactly, do you think niacin helps someone pass a drug test? I don't believe that "different things work for different people" stuff I think it's gotta be something other than the niacin.

4. He takes it before he goes to sleep, so by the time it kicks in he's already sleeping. I don't know what it could be that works for him other than niacin and sleep. Honestly, he didn't do anything else, not even eating breakfast.

5. Well I just can't accept something like this on faith after reading all the reasonable, factual things about drug testing. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I still believe it had to be something else. I'm sorry.

6. I'm not asking you to change your mind. You can believe whatever you want. But I personally believe that niacin works, and I'm going to continue to use it whenever I have to take a drug test :shrug:

7. I might change my mind if someone was able to do a scientific study on what works on drug tests. NORML didn't cite any studies proving that plain water works, either.

8. I used niacin and the detox teas before my drug test along with drinking a ton of water a few days before the test. The day of the test, I drank a ton of water, and I passed. Niacin, or vitamin B3, is used to maintain a healthy blood lipid profile. In large doses it boosts metabolism and cuts cholesterol. Seeing how THC is stored in fat, niacin theoretically would help you get clean. Also, seeing as how every time you pee, you release toxins from your body, the more you pee before the test, the better off you are. Although drinking a ton of water the day of the test to dilute your urine is the key to passing, I believe I would have failed without doing everything else as well.

9. fuck a drug test........

just drink water tho.........or dont smoke............

10. It's funny because this thread leaves me in the same predicament. If I had to take a drug test in two days, I'd still not be sure of what to do. Probably the water and B vitamins because I smoked for a couple months occassionaly, stopped for two weeks, smoked for two weeks, and had the test a week later. I passed, and did nothing different. It was all on fate. A black woman walked in while I was pissing and I turned when the door opened. She probably passed me so I didn't sue. hahah

11. lol! *note to all blades with a drug test in their future, leave the door cracked open* :smoke:

Hempress, maybe he didn't read this "Honestly, I just think different things work for different people. :shrug:" I felt you were leaving the door open for multiple drug test passing possiblities...

12. DBW:
    "I don't believe that 'different things work for different people' stuff"

13. OK... Niacin, under normal circumstances, is taken for energy, right? As are pretty much all b-vitamines... How is energy achieved? By a higher rate of metabolism. When your metabolism speeds up, more fat in your body is being burned, and as THC is stored in fat, it is being burned as well. If you take large amounts of niacin, your metabolism speeds up drastically, and this quickly burns the THC out of your system... so instead of taking 2-3+ weeks to get out, you can get it out in about 1 week.

Niacin works... No question in my mind about it. It's impossible for it not to, as it DOES speed up your metabolism. With this higher metabolism comes a faster cleansing process.

14. Even though we've seen first hand accounts of it right here on this site? I'm not going to say that some of the people that posted strange comments aren't lying about it, but on whole there are tons of threads about passing drug tests by various means. From where I'm sitting you are telling the Hempress and her boyfriend are lying about his tests... That's just silly and kinda rude.

Personally I think NORML is trying to show all research, not only true research. What are the motives behind the person writing the article? That is what you need to find out. If those motives are there so it will put doubt in your mind about what will actually work...you do the math. I would believe a blades personal experiences over the psychobabble forced down our throats on most websites or in books in circulation. I mean if you watch your local news one week your tap water is fine, the next it can kill you. Or one year apples are great, the next the pestiside on them will make you mentally ill. It is about motives not truth in print.

I'm not trying to argue with you at all. Its just I have this thing about people arguing an opinion to the point that they are actually calling others liars (without actually using the word). I am not saying you have to agree or believe the way I do, but surely you can't look the other way when you know the majority of every medium in the US is fickle at best.

15. i know of one thing that i never hear to much of that really works. They are called AZO STANDARD. They can be found in most drug stores ie: walgreens, rite aid, or eckerds. You take two....drink water. Then repeat a couple times. You will piss out orange and brown and other colors for a couple days, but it is cleaning your system out. And they also arent as pricy as a drink.

16. Go here...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202405.html

Read...

It appears as though it can be dangerous to use high doses of Niacin a lot, so I wouldn't recommend flushing all the time... Only when absolutely necessary...

But here's a quote from the article that proves Niacin works to cleanse your system...

"Niacin and niacinamide are necessary for many normal functions of the body, including normal tissue metabolism"

Key word being metabolism. More niacin = higher metabolism. Faster rate of metabolism = faster rate of burning THC outta your body.

• Like Like x 1
  17. woo, thanks cottons.

18. No problem :)

I got kinda tired of the debate, so I ran a search on google for Niacin, and that's what popped up :D

19. I understand the niacin ----> metabolism link. The problem is that your whole idea is wrong. Look, I'll completely abandon my position if you can find anything that links higher metabolism to passing a drug test. I understand the idea you have come up with, and the logic behind your idea, but it's just plain wrong. It's like the logic people use to link swimming after eating with indigestion. Niacin does boost metabolism, but boosted metabolism doesn't mean shit, alright? Prove me wrong, and I'll shut up.

20. the gnc drinks work for everyone i know, so if i had a drugtest thats what i would use becuase ive seen it work..