Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So used it 3 times now and..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Newaroundhere, Apr 24, 2010.

1. smoke a blunt. dont know one person in life who smoked a blunt and didnt get high.

2. Don't worry about it. It took me a good 7-8 smoking sessions to get high. Hang in :D

3. Haha, possibly one of my favorite quotes ever. I love watching first timers hack a lung up after their first hit from an L. I smoked my friend up on a blunt of some of my weed a while back and he's been smoking decent weed for a while but after he smoked this blunt he was ripped. He texted me saying he was worried about the scent trail he was leaving and he was serious..

4. the first time i got high I didn't feel high at first so i kept on taking a bunch of hits... and a few minutes later i was trippin ballz and everything turned different colors.

5. There is a reverse tolerance noticeable by many people when you first smoke. This is most common for people who have not tried other illegal drugs, as your mind doesn't know what to expect, and it has a hard time adjusting to the altered state, so sometimes you really don't notice it at all. After a few times smoking it suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks, so don't overdo it, just keep smoking small amounts until you feel it, I know people who've made the mistake of smoking a huge amount later on and then found were waaaaay too high for their liking, paranoia and anxiety are likely side effects, and aren't very pleasant.

6. what the guy above me said.

also don't keep thinking "am i high yet?". just let it come to you gradually and it will.

7. Just fucking relax!! Don't think about feeling anything, just let it come on gradually.
    Here are some tips for taking smoke into your lungs-
    Before you hit a joint/ pipe/ vape, take a slow, deep, relaxed breath and then exhale all of your breathe right before putting your lips to the piece.
    Start by sucking in slowly and when you feel it in the back of your mouth/throat, inhale quickly and deeply using your lungs! Do NOT suck in with your diaphgram/stomach.
    If you inhaled correctly then your chest and shoulders should rise up and out. Hold the smoke in your lungs for 5 seconds maximum.

When you do actually get high you will know it, so don't smoke too much for your comfort level.
    Take a few decent hits then wait 20-30 minutes and see how you feel. If you still don't feel it then repeat that pace, go slow.
    It's important to remember to stay hydrated during and after smoking, and don't get high on a low blood sugar.

8. thanks for all the advice, next time ill make sure i dont over do it. I dont think it would of been too pleasent for a first timer if it hit me after 2 and a half full vaporizer bags. Is there any scientific explanation on why it doesnt effect some people on the first few times? I wonder where all the thc went, i just dont understand how it is possible to not feel anything went its clearly entered your bloodstream.

9. Keep at it, homie! I didn't get high until my 4th time smoking. I was a little frustrated, because I thought that I was getting high and it just wasn't all it was cracked up to be. But then....it finally hit me. And like others before me said, I knew it for sure. I don't think I was inhaling properly until that 4th time. Shit is badASS now, though :D

10. Maybe the vape is broken? ;)

11. Do you cough at all?

12. try blowing through your nose alot more too. i like to do that alot at times cause your getting those nose receptors for the smoke.

13. #33 Newaroundhere, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    Gave it another shot last night. Used a volcano vaporizer with 2 other friends they both got high and made sure i did it all properly. I still didnt feel anything from it. My legs felt heavy but that could of just been because i was tired. I went through 2 full bags of it (the oven bags that come with the volcano). I would of inhaled 6+ times to get it all. Twice during that i coughed because it felt like my tonsils caught on fire. We went out to a nightclub after and i had a few shots of vodka and it just felt like any other time ive had a few shots a little tipsy thats it. So it wasnt interacting with the alcohol either. Makes me wonder what the thc is actually doing if im not feeling it.

14. Did you hold in the vapor??
    See, with vapor, unlike smoke holding the vapor in your lungs WILL get you higher since it takes longer for your body to absorb then smoke. Besides, since there's no bad smoke or tar, holding it in won't hurt you. Inhale deeply and try to fill your lungs with as much fresh air as possible after inhaling the vapor. Keep trying man, good luck.

15. your trying too hard to get high , and worrying that its not working , remember 70% of weed smokin is is your head , if you roll a lskin ciggarette and tell someone its a joint and pass it to them (after smokin some infront of them ) there brain WILL tell them they are high...
    tried and proven , personal experience ( on someone else obv )

16. i didnt get high until like my 7th or 8th time, just a little buzzed, hardly even noticeable. its weird, i dont think even think i did anything different the first time i got high, but i got fucking RIIIIPPPED. just keep blazing, if you smoke like 10 times and still dont get high then maybe somethnigs up. but who knows, i know one kid who didnt get high till like his 20th time lol.

17. So it finally worked today. I took a few hits from a volcano vaporizer and i didnt feel a thing. I thought id give it one more go and after about 5 minutes it hit me. I was sitting there and i felt this rush up my body to my head. I felt like i was sinking then i sort of blacked out for a split second and it felt like all my thoughts reset. Haha it wasnt the best feeling but it was for only a few seconds. After that my mouth dried out and i got real hungry and thirsty. To be honest i didnt enjoy the feeling i got from it at all. For the next few hours my head just felt dizzy and it would feel real strange to move it. I just felt like laying down and going to sleep. Just felt wierd in general i dont think weeds for me, back to drinking :(

18. You were probably just dehydrated/had low blood sugar. Drinking will kill you, i'd say try it again but don't push it. ONLY attempt to get high when your RELAXED. it's not for partying it's for relaxing and kickin back with some chill tunes.