So today was an interesting visit with the doc

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by High I'm Chris, Apr 3, 2009.

1. After months of trying to get transferred to a new psychiatrist it happened. I had a good psych. for a while until she left abruptly.

Today I went in to hopefully resolve both my anxiety and ADD issues. I for sure thought I was going to get the same response. "We can't do anything for you because of your past history.. try working on your anxiety with a therapist" (which I already did by the way).

This is the first doctor who has looked past my history of CD (chemical dependence) and prescribed me what actually (may) work and has worked in the past.

I left today with a script of:

.5mg kpinz (used to have a script to this before my old doctor left)

5mg adderall xr (I wanted a low dose because of how sensitive I am to stimulants, IBS etc. I've tried every other stimulant out there btw and they all made my anxiety way too high... assuming this will do the same)

and Ambien for sleep (this came very randomly... she asked how i slept and said i had troubles getting to sleep and was very fatigued during the day)

Just thought I'd share that just because you have a bad history with drug use, it's still possible to find a good doctor who will understand that there are some things that actually do help (if not abused of course)... although it may take a long time!

None of these will be abused by the way, that's just not how I roll (I hate people who doctor shop).

Today was a good day and hopefully I'll be back to the right state of mind and can acctually live up to my potential at my University (being a junior it's a little late don't ya think?:cool:)

2. have u ever tried seraquel for sleepin?

3. woot klonnies ftw.

4. No because sleep has never been my main issue really. It's always been my anxiety so when I've been prescribed benzo's in the past I just used them. She recommended I don't use my kpinz for sleep and to save them for anxiety so I'm assuming that's why she went with ambien.