So today i picked up a hitch hiker...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vzsel, May 5, 2012.

1. So I was headed back home on 195 and I had it in my mind that I was gunna stumble upon a hitch hiker..

And behold 30 minutes later I did, it looked like he was wearing a tyedye jacket when I passed him, so I thought 'oh he's probably some hippy', so I pulled over and waited for him to catch up.

I first asked him if he was gunna rob me and he laughed and said 'nah I just need a ride to lewiston' I was going there so hey why not.

He was 63 his name was like Jerry or something, he had some interesting stories and he's been homeless for like 6 years er so.. anyway we get there I dropped him off and I was on my way.

Yeah, there's my good deed for the day. Some people just need a ride.

Have you guys picked up any hitch hikers? If so were they chill or...?

2. I picked up a hitchhiker once. He was a nice guy that needed a lift to some apartment complex downtown. But it's not something I would engage in on a regular basis.

3. I've hitchhiked and been picked up a few times.

4. I used to be big on picking people up if they needed it.

One time I was going to my Chief's crib to chill and saw this dude walking with his three daughters. Thankfully I had a carseat in the back for my son because one of his daughters was very small. Anyway I stopped and picked them up. They were walking to see his wife at work. The children were all very well behaved and sweet and the guy was real cool and appreciative and offered me money. I just smiled and said "Get outta here man :p"

This other time I was riding to a squad member's crib to drink and write some music and saw this pissed off black chick walking. So I slowed down and asked if she needed a ride. She seemed hesitant but got in anyway. I started to make small talk but she was really short with her answers and her body language was screaming "Fuck off!" So I just turned the music up and drove along. I didn't hear her say her turn because of the music volume and she kinda yelled at me that I missed her turn and asked where I was taking her. I was like "WTF? Hunh?" So I'm thinking that she thought I was some weirdo who was plotting to do something strange to her just because I offered her a ride.

1. Sweety you cute but you ain't no Megan Goode
    2. I'm just a genuinely nice guy and a southern gentleman.
    3. If you weren't so PMS ridden in the first place maybe I wouldn't have to turn the music up to fill the void where usual small talk is supposed to be.

Either way I busted the nearest U turn, found her street, got to the destination and let her out. Guess what? No fucking thank you, appreciate it, or even a goodbye.Shyt like that makes me not want to help people. But in the end I am who I am and enjoy making people's days better.:smoke:

5. [quote name='"greedyorphan"']I used to be big on picking people up if they needed it.

One time I was going to my Chief's crib to chill and saw this dude walking with his three daughters. Thankfully I had a carseat in the back for my son because one of his daughters was very small. Anyway I stopped and picked them up. They were walking to see his wife at work. The children were all very well behaved and sweet and the guy was real cool and appreciative and offered me money. I just smiled and said "Get outta here man :p"

This other time I was riding to a squad member's crib to drink and write some music and saw this pissed off black chick walking. So I slowed down and asked if she needed a ride. She seemed hesitant but got in anyway. I started to make small talk but she was really short with her answers and her body language was screaming "Fuck off!" So I just turned the music up and drove along. I didn't hear her say her turn because of the music volume and she kinda yelled at me that I missed her turn and asked where I was taking her. I was like "WTF? Hunh?" So I'm thinking that she thought I was some weirdo who was plotting to do something strange to her just because I offered her a ride.

1. Sweety you cute but you ain't no Megan Goode
    2. I'm just a genuinely nice guy and a southern gentleman.
    3. If you weren't so PMS ridden in the first place maybe I wouldn't have to turn the music up to fill the void where usual small talk is supposed to be.

Either way I busted the nearest U turn, found her street, got to the destination and let her out. Guess what? No fucking thank you, appreciate it, or even a goodbye.Shyt like that makes me not want to help people. But in the end I am who I am and enjoy making people's days better.:smoke:[/quote]

Damn at that 2nd story...how ungrateful.

6. I have hitch hiked twice before.

Few friends and I went to the beach, we ended up walking for DAYS to find a dope spot. So at the end of the day my buddy Ian and I were like "fuck walking back through the sand with a 50lb cooler lets take this cutty path onto the road and back to the parking lot"

Ian and myself start dipping as the other group of 3 traverses through the sandy abyss. The path we took to the road went through a tiny string of houses and as we approached the road an old man with gray hair is leaving the string of houses....

I yelled "Give Us a Ride!!" as he turned and he immediately slammed on his brakes! Ian and myself were like :hello:. As we jump in the back seat I tell the old guy hes the best and he chimes back with only for now :confused:. Kinda sketched out by the statement Ian grips his knife as the oldie then tells us hes a philosophy professor down at a local Jesuit private University. Our hearts sank back into safety and the oldie could tell as he laughed and dropped us off at the beach parking lot and bid us a farewell.

7. greedy orphan, you are a top fuckin guy man :)

8. #8 greedyorphan, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
    Well thanks man. I really appreciate it more than you know.:D
    I just hope someone would do the same for me ya'know. Be the change you want to see in the world and whatnot.

9. Caressa aren't you an 18 year old female?

Please don't take stupid risks like that. It is one thing for a dude to pick up hikers. They are less likely to become victims of crimes of opportunity. Would you be able to defend yourself if the hiker decided they wanted your car (or worse)?

Most people are nice. Not all people are nice.

10. i was lost once and thought id hitch hike to the nearest train station, but ended up getting picked up by the motorway patrol, people passing had rung them.

This was 7am in the morning, i was still awake from the previous night, still drunk and ROUGH! Turns out the nearest station was like 25 minutes away but they were pretty cool about dropping me there and talked to me about their crazy excapades in their youth.....i felt less crazy more like a fucking drunk idiot.

My bed never felt so good as it did after that night!

11. [quote name='"Ironic"']Caressa aren't you an 18 year old female?

Please don't take stupid risks like that. It is one thing for a dude to pick up hikers. They are less likely to become victims of crimes of opportunity. Would you be able to defend yourself if the hiker decided they wanted your car (or worse)?

Most people are nice. Not all people are nice.[/quote]

He seemed like a chill dude, and I just got this feeling man, I knew I was gunna stumble upon one, I made him put his stuff in the back and everything and sides I looked at his face for tweeker marks.........................

12. I picked up this dude a couple weeks ago. Older guy, long grey hair in a ponytail and a big ass beard.

He just got in and we talked about the dead on account of I was playing Europe '72 in the car. He was pretty chill actually.

13. Are you still at Bragg?

14. ive picked up hitch hikers before one was acting really weird i think he was a drug addict, ive smoked with a couple hitch hikers.

15. #15 Scars, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    I drive to the mosque every friday evening for prayers. Every week I used to see this realllly old man walking there from the same neighborhood I lived in. Neighborhood to mosque is like 7-8 miles and he was like in his 80s or some shit. I felt bad for the guy, offered him a ride and he hopped in. I learned that he lost his entire family to some war crimes overseas and that he was a refugee living stateside. He has a small home, lives alone, no car, little money. Whats sad is that his wife was beheaded right in front of his eyes.

I eventually just started picking him up from his home since it was down the street. I mean, we go to the same place every week, why not? I even from time to time bring him some left over food my mom made so he could have a home cooked meal. He is a sweet old man with tons of wisdom and enlightening stories. He lives alone and I could tell he needed someone to talk to. I can honestly say, I consider him my friend now.

Not everyone is bad, but some will kill the fuck out of you. Use sound judgement.

16. My grandma picked up a hitch hiker once.He proceeded to take off his pants in the car.Needless to say mt grandma beat the shit outta him.lol
    Glad you helped him out though man.

17. I almost did this 2 days ago in my town, it was a asian lady but for some reason I got scared. She looked like one of those innocent asian ladies in those horror movies who next thing you know will start stabbing you with a knife or biting off your head anyways, I passed on it :(

18. i must say alter egos story also touched me. I might not have many real friends, and might not know you people but it feels good to be on a place with people as good as you guys.

19. Indeed, I'm normally the one hitching for lift's. You do get a few good people :)

20. [quote name='"CaressaRosee"']

He seemed like a chill dude, and I just got this feeling man, I knew I was gunna stumble upon one, I made him put his stuff in the back and everything and sides I looked at his face for tweeker marks.........................[/quote]

Tweaker marks dont mean shit. Appearances can be decieving, some people look completely normal and they are fucked up in the head. If your a woman, I would advise not to pickup random people off of the road, unless you would like to get raped and possibly more.