.. So tired of it..

Discussion in 'General' started by VeritableHypocrisy, Nov 24, 2016.

1. #1 VeritableHypocrisy, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Okay, so I had a good Thanksgiving. We had our political discussion, nobody was arguing, nothing.

I mention that I have a possible sample of CBD oil being sent to me for the conditions and symptoms that express themselves on a daily or even constant basis in me. I'm talking consistently stiff muscles, chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms in the realm of 20 minor spells a DAY, and occasionally a spell so bad in my legs that I have to hold myself up on nearby furniture or I end up on the floor.. I'm talking constantly being so tired that if I have work, I have to set my alarm FOUR HOURS EARLY, just so I can get up and into the shower in time for work. Post-traumatic stress disorder, which causes consistent intrusive thoughts, ranging from flashbacks to suicidal thoughts. Anxiety so bad that I can't even make a phone call to people I don't know. Depression so bad that I have actually ATTEMPTED suicide( Not in the last two years, thankfully. I'm not at risk of that right now, just explaining what I medicate. ) as a result.

What is their response? "You need to get off the weed and you'll feel better." "Go exercise more." "Go work it out." "Walk it off."

I tell them I've tried it all, it doesn't work. They sit there arguing with me about it. Even my dad, who ACKNOWLEDGES that his medicine caused him to be so sick he could not walk.

I can't even stand straight up most days, a massive change in my physical condition from the several years ago when I began to frequent here.. But a bowl or two and I can. My muscles relax, the pain becomes tolerable, depression, anxiety.. I mean.. Literally, all of it gets to the point that it's better, or tolerable.. Even the muscle spasms become less frequent and intense.

I finally just yelled at 'em and walked out. Told them. "Take your pick. Either I literally lay in bed all day doing nothing because I CAN'T do anything, and as a result, have suicidal depression re-manifest in my heart.. Or I smoke, and am able to work decent hours. Take your pick, because I REFUSE to be placed on a molotov cocktail of medicines that would most likely make me feel worse than before."

.. I hate my family. I sincerely do. So fed up with this shit. It's just like the bullshit they pulled on me. "Get a job, we'll make sure you get there." Then I get a job and they tell me to go fuck myself and start bitching when I spend my income trying to make sure I can make it to the next week and be able to function.

Anyone else have family/friends like that? It's so FRUSTRATING.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I feel your pain. Family can be fucked when it comes to shit like that. Putting you down, putting you in a place where they feel superior and better about themselves. The answer, fuck em'..... just don't let them in and live your life with out their input or direction. You'll feel better, I do after I followed my own advice. :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I have to live with them. Don't have a choice, and there's already talk of kicking me out of the house again. In fact, insinuation was made at the Thanksgiving Dinner table.

4. If I knew you at all and if we lived near one another, I'd let you stay with me in a judgement free zone but sadly this is not the case. If you have anyone you can trust, stay with them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I couldn't even go to Thanksgiving. Fuck.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'm going to tell you like this bro, family doesn't mean shit. As far as I'm concerned I don't even have one, but I'm grateful that my parents put up with me even though they've been trying to kick me out for a year when I'm basically too broke to even afford school. All I can say is when you can, leave them, don't contact them again. Just let them live and die while you live your life with people who understand and care about you. That's real family

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Do you live with your family?

I know moving out is expensive as fuck, especially in the overpopulated 21st century.. but more often than not, it'll actually improve your relationship with your parents.. and that'll bring a lot of peace of mind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I live with my aunt currently. As far as improving my relationship, I haven't lived with my mom or dad in 16 years. Also, fuck 'em. My mom's a thieving alcoholic and my dad won't even offer me a word of wisdom. Hell, my aunt won't even answer my "Good morning."

That's the intention, fully.

Well, if I ever find someone I can trust that trusts me well enough to do that, I absolutely will!

• Like Like x 1
  10. This is why my family does not know I smoke.

I wish not to indulge in my family's agreements or disagreements with what I do with my life...My Time, not yours.

Personally, I would refrain from bringing it up to them in the future and if possible convince them that you quit otherwise they'll likely just rag on and on that you should...Everyone has secrets, pick yours.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
  11. You didn't really answer my question... You just hate your family? I thought that wanted you to move...

12. I do wanna move, but the family is the majority of the reason why, is my explanation.

13. B-but.. "I couldn't even go to Thanksgiving. Fuck." Isn't a question. ;_;

14. It's really hard when those who support you don't like your lifestyle. You hate them yet you have to kiss their asses just because they buy your food and give you a bed. The only thing worse would be if the situation was reversed and you were supporting them while they played games and smoked pot all day.

15. #15 VeritableHypocrisy, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Nice assumption you're making, there. I buy my own food. I pay my way. I work. How about, instead of contributing absolutely nothing to this thread apart from making unnecessarily inflammatory assumptions, you go post somewhere else or post something that ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES.

It costs me the majority of my money, just to be able to FUNCTION in the day-to-day. Let ALONE eat. I eat healthy foods, too, which costs more, meaning I may be lucky to have $100 saved up after a month of work, only to have to give it to people who despise that I EXIST. But I bet you wouldn't know one thing about working to get somewhere, only to wind up worse off than you were before as a direct result of close-mindedness like your own. How about learn these words:

- Respect
    - Empathy
    - Compassion

These are what the world needs, and attitudes like yours only prevent those from propagating.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Millennial are living with their parents after age 18 at a greater rate than they used to in the 50s-60s.

The real reason so many millennials are living at home

It's only going to get worse as the world population grows and land property becomes more scarce and expensive, so I can definitely empathize with you, even though I don't live with parents. Next time you hear somebody judging you, chances are, 1 in 3 of them probably live with their parents.

I actually wish I could still be living with parents, instead of struggling in a poor neighborhood .. but of course, experience tells me that this only leads to bitterness and conflict. The only way to re-establish diplomatic relations with parents is to leave, to secede and declare independence.

Some people are lucky, though .. some families co-exist well together, especially in non-western cultures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just thought I'd emphasize the above. There's all too many internet tough guys claiming to be recession-proof, claiming to have strong conservative values .. claiming that they'll never be unemployed, that they'll never go on welfare, that they work their asses off, yada yada.

Truth is, people living in the struggle are a majority compared to those who aren't. A lot of the people who make memes about broke millenials, ironically happen to be broke millenials themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Now that is a contributing post. +1. I don't live with my parents. I have not, since I was 11 years old, because my mother was an abusive alcoholic with tendencies to abuse er.. 'drugs'. My dad was too interested in his cars because of my mother's behavior, and spent much of his time in jail under false accusations that my mother made. I strengthened that resolve after my father called me an embarrassment to my family as a result of my status as a transgender... Right in the middle of Applebees.

For me, the issue is a variety of things that results in me having no choice but to live under someone else's roof.

- I cannot be left alone. I am a clear danger to myself in those situations, due to mental illness.
    - I cannot afford to make ends meet, because when companies find a way to make things cheaper on them, they don't pass those savings down to their customer base. The result is an out-of-proportion cost of living, hence why it takes many millennials working 2 jobs just to make ends meet. Unfortunately, this is completely impossible for me. I struggle with 1 job, as it is.
    - The price of housing, electricity, water, heating and air, transportation, is ASTRONOMICAL. If you struggle to begin with, how do you expect people to be able to pay $60,000 for a cheaply manufactured trailer, or $250,000 for a house?

And trust me. I'd give anything to make it different.

19. I don't know what to say to you. Everyone's going to either knock you down or try to say kind words to lift your sprites

I can tell you how I feel about things, but no one cares how I feel. When they do, they pretend to listen but they don't....offering empty words and actions

You been apart from your parents for 15 years I think you said, you should, by now, have a grasp of things and if you haven't, soon you will begin to see the world for how it really is

I think growing up I have been taught and conditioned to expect certain things and to go take the path that has been laid out in front of me with ease.
    But that sure as hell was not the case for me.

Sometimes I feel as if my purpose in life has already been made by the powers to be. Sometimes I feel that no matter what I do, I will always be in my little hell.
    If I try and get out, It seems as if everyday I come across some type of barrier, roadblock, every fucking little thing is designed to stop me from getting out of my hell. It's like the forces, whatever they are, don't want me to get out.
    But I have to say, I am in a mess better place then I was five years ago.
    Back then, I barley had any hope. All I did was sleep all day and chill, had nothing that I could do about it.
    Fuck, now that I'm actually achieving something, other, more pressing issues, are presenting themselves, but I'm not in the right mental capacity to handle that shit.

I'm tired to. I'm sick of all this shot I have to deal with and out up with. Then to make matters worse I have to see all these normal people out there all doing good, rubbing in their happiness at Christmas time

Dude, why do you even bother going to thanksgiving dinner with, not your family, but people who try and keep you down?

I went to this church that has free thanksgiving meals and I sat at a table with people who wearnt there to judge and you know what? It was one of the best thanks giving meals I have had in a long time Put my mind Ina right place for a while

I guess what I'm saying is, don't loose hope in your life. Worry about yourself and keep your mind open. If non conventional medicine won't help, try an alternative.

• Like Like x 2