So tired of Facebook!!! Any alternatives?

Discussion in 'General' started by Katie26, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Fuck facebook *closes FB in browser*. That shits gay man. I rarely post on there. I probably get on twice a day for about 5 seconds just to respond to messages and then I just end up leaving it on all day. I've deactivated my account multiple times, but every time I do I get a phone call from family members the next day saying "WHY DID YOU DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK??? ARE YOU OK??? WHATS WRONG??? I CANT TALK TO YOU ANYMORE".

and I'm all like..grandma you haven't talked to me on facebook in 3 months.

2. addicted to Facebook? i was too...now i devote my spare time to grass city hahaha

3. I finally deactivated my FB account like a week ago, it's boring it's all the same shit nothing interesting or new, I have a few friends but I met them from a music group the rest are still in the high school mentality. GC is way better, you can also check Lazykush.com stoner networking site pretty chill.

4. Privacy on the internet is a farce, especially if you live in the US. What the OP described is almost like he wants to play an MMO. A virtual world, where you can go and nobody knows who you are. :)

5. I hate facebook. You can have mad chats with people on there and you see em face to face andsay hi and they look at you like why the fuck you talkin to me. I dont go on it at all anymore. And if you ain't on fb you don't get invited anywhere or no shit.

6. I deleted mine in March, don't regret it

Most of us have phones...if I want to contact somebody i'll call them, not post on their wall

7. Somebody said Google+ but, man. That shit is lame. It's like there was no one on there. or maybe just no one I knew. Sparse Like fuckin' myspace. I use grasscity as a for of social media more than facebook any day.

8. Dammit Lazy kush isn't working!

9. That's why I think Diaspora has some real promise, because (I think) it's going to technically be a program where you personally host your own server, therefore everything you post is hosted directly from your computer, and so only what you allow to be public, will become public, because otherwise, it's no different than having something just stored on your computer.

10. I haven't updated a status for awhile now....if it wasn't for those few people that I need to stay in touch with I would have deleted mine years ago

11. i think grasscity is more addicting than facebook, i just talk to people on facebook, on here i leaarnn shiiit :hippie:

12. uhhhh facebooks privacy went out the window literally years ago bud. it's too late. you cant delete your account, either.

13. I just did some checking up, I guess one of the programmers did die. You were right.

14. yup I deleted mine once, said it would be "deactivated" for 14 days, and unless I logged in during that period it would be permanently deleted.
    2 months later I try to log in and everything's there hahah

15. i got this junk email, and i frequently check my junk email just to check if anything is actually a legit email. and i found this site that i joined about 4 years ago but i forgot about it, i kinda forget the name of it now tho but its kinda like facebook. also theres this site called experience project its kinda like facebook but u write experiences and join groups of experiences u have had. theres alot of sick fucks like people who wear diapers and people who do fucked up shit on there tho. just search experience project in google or wherever and its the first link.