Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So tired of all the drug test misinformation

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by narcoleptic696, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently, I had to take a pre-employment drug test. Now I read the official thread and came to the conclusion that niacin was the answer. Then I read about goldenseal. Then I read about the cleanout drinks you can buy for a shitload of money at GNC or head shops. Then I got the official word on NORML\'s website, and found out that it was all total bull.

Just go to norml.org, and search for drug testing. An interesting page comes up. Quotes:

\"Water is fine - contrary to popular rumor, there is NO evidence that goldenseal, vinegar, niacin, or vitamin C help.\"

\"
    A number of high-priced herbal teas and powders are promoted as urine cleansers, with no good medical rationale. While some users have reported remarkable success with them, many others have not. Independent experiments suggest that it may be water dilution, not the screen itself, that accounts for success.\"

I listened to NORML, figuring it was a more reputable source than any other, and ignored all the hype. I had 6 days until I had to take the test, and in that time I lived my life completely normally (without smoking of course). I did not take any niacin and I did not drink freaky amounts of water every day. The day of the test came around and I followed the advice oF NORML, namely, drinking a lot of water 2 hours before the test and taking B vitamins for a nice yellow color.

It worked. I start my first day in a few hours, actually

So to those who talk about niacin or goldenseal or Q-carbo: please, please, please, quit spreading all this false information. Telling people to drink excessive amounts of water days and days before the test, or telling people to take a whole lot of <blank>something crazy only makes their lives a little less pleasant and wastes their money for no reason. When this question comes up again on the forums, or if it comes up again in your daily life, refer the person to the NORML page, linked at the bottom of this post.

Remember, all your successes with these crazy schemes were due to simple dilution on the day of the test, not because of any of your actions before.

To those who are currently freaking out about a future test and have made a giant money-wasting trip to GNC, or are pissing every 10 minutes even though the test isn\'t till next week, or are burning up because of niacin, quit it. Face up to the facts that there are no certain ways to pass a drug test on short notice. Day of the test dilution and B vitamins is hit or miss, and although that is not perfect, it is simply the only way. I was successful with it. You can be too.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4934

I hope that this at least makes a dent in the giant shit-pile of misinformation about drug testing out there.
    </blank>

2. Niacin has always worked for my boyfriend, even if he smoked the night before a drug test. Just drinking water never worked for him. :shrug: I also know some people who have had to be retested because of drinking a lot of water. As informed as they are, I\'m inclined to disagree with NORML.

3. niacin worked for me

and about wasting money i paid $5 for the niacin and 1 for the water bottle so

4. no it didnt....you had someone piss for you, stop lying.

5. i never used his piss because i didnt have to take it, i bought the test but my mom told me she would take my paychecks either way
    and i believe i told you this

6. so if you never had to take it then you never really saw if the niacin worked...you basically just admitted to it.

7. HAHAHAHAHAH EXOSED!

8. can you read, i bought the test at walgreens and when i told my mom she told me either way she would take my paycheck. i took the test and passed and she didnt care

9. lol why dont you figure out what youre talking about before you try and say that

and cmon mike half of what you write is bullshit

one ex i remember reading that you used to run \"2 to 3 miles a day\" hahahahahahahhhhhahahhah cmon now

10. well then why did you say this? im confused, you have two different stories going on here.

11. when i said i didnt have to take it, i meant it wasnt forced, i chose to take it because i already bought it

edit: if you have anything else to say just take it to a pm, this thread isnt meant for our arguement

12. HAHAHAHAHAH MISSPELLED!

13. haha good one

14. HAHA! HEMPRESS, YOU RULE, you got me good.

as for premont, i dont write any bullshit on this forum, just because i choose not to inform you about things because i dont like you doesnt mean you can make your own assumptions as to what i do on a daily basis, so just shut up. Also, you shouldnt make accusations unless you know the facts, them being that i did run 2-3 miles a day, earlier this year and in previous years....however i never said i did this consistantly for years...did I? no, i did it sparatically (sp?) because i got lazy, besides its none of your business...what a douche, you are forced to work just so that your parents can take your money BWAHAHA, OWNED.

15. LMFAO. Oh shit son.

I am trying the niacin out this time, if it doesnt work, then i will post, if it does, that i will post. I am not doing ANY thing the day of the test or before besides drinkin my regular ammount of water (about a gallon) and pissin in the toilet for a few seconds before i pee in the cup. I\'ll make a thread of the results im sure. lol

16. actually its still my money, i can spend it however i want, i just need to get it from my mom, and i think thats a lot better than what happened to you when you got caught.BWAHAHAH? damn i love how much shit you talk when you have no idea what youre talking about, but you always did do that didnt you? and running 2-3 miles a day....yeah i think your D size man boobs say otherwise

aww you dont like me, oh well at least now were on the same page

17. dub, dont drink too much water the day of, otherwise your piss will be clear. well, you can drink water, but be sure to take some b-12 to give it some color.

18. Just teasing you, mike :D no hard feelings?

19. haha, dont worry, he doesnt mind.

20. what i never understood is how people dont realize drinking water, in any amounts, for a short amount of time that is, wont do anything to clean your body of the thc toxins...when you normally piss, your body naturally secretes toxins, its just normal it has to get rid of them(i forget what organ does it, i think its the pancrease (LOL SP?)). Anyways, when you drink exsessive amounts of water, matched with frequent pissing, that organ gets more used to pissin out striaght water, after its broken down nall in your body of course, but it pisses out water instead of toxins because there is so much of it, so it just holds back from pissing out toxins. so i suppose it would only prolong the stay of thc in your system. i dont know why everyone insists on believing that waer flushes your system, it just doesnt. maybe im wrong, if so correct me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.