So think I found my problem what can I do?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by maximus297758, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Fox farm causes nutrient burn on seedling. So anything I can do I just planted 9 more the same way. When they start to sprout can I transfer to rock wool or something? My first grow ever so think Next round start in rock wool then move to this mix??? [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Also I've 0 nutrients to them don't think I'll give them anyway first month fox farm soils is to strong.

3. I start mine in Rockwool and find Fox farm ocean forest is too hot for them still. I'd recommend Happy Frog as a good starting soil brand wise, it's never burned any plant of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I use FFOF soil and never had any burn. Something else is the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. some starts are more sensitive than others, it's possible this is from your medium, but I haven't personally seen seedlings burn in fox farm. I used fox farm for my first grows like you. I'm wondering if this might be light burn? you might want to raise your cfl's a little farther away.
    if you have dirt and water on very sensitive leaves under direct light, the water droplets focus the light or something and it tends to burn and warp around that area. that looks like the damage i'm seeing here. so I'd recommend you try to keep water and soil off of your leaves, and if your misting them, make sure the mist is fine enough that it won't pool up or form big droplets on your leaves.

6. yeah to me that just looks like irritation from light and water or debris, I wouldn't worry too much those seedlings look like they'll pull through.

7. Ron do you mix anything in it? I did another 30-40 perlite. I will try to find happy frog in my area.