So they say weed boosts metabolism / helps you loose weight, but at the same time your hungry after

Discussion in 'General' started by JL67, Oct 16, 2017.

1. So is that a myth?

So what If you toke up, and now your feeling for the munchies. So this hunger your feeling is it like when you haven't eaten and are really starving?

What I'm trying to say is when you haven't eaten for a certain amount of time your body would go to your fat cells and break it down therefore your loose weight!

So when you toke up and don't eat , does it have the same effect?
    Sorry if this is confusing

2. That's all about strain selection. Some strains offer munchies as a nasty side effect while other have had that bred out of them. Leafly does a really good job of breaking down strain attributes like that to aid in finding what you need.

3. It really does boost your metabolism. It also helps to prevent Diabetes Type 2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cannabinoids from cannabis are secondary metabolites... they are metabolized in the endocannabinoid system... mothers breast milk contains up to 95% cannabinoid content to help the baby have the munchies so they suckle and cannabinoids provide building structures for the baby to develop a digestive tract= the first bodily function created during human development..
    as @Farmer77 mentioned, munchies is strain dependent as well... for example, thcv as provided from land race genetics stop hunger and do not make the munchies generally when ingested...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Depends on what you devour when you have the munchies. Foods that are easy to break down and boost your metabolism also or burgers and fries, a coke and chips and some cookies?
    I like to cook something healthy, eat, and then get high. Then I have leftovers of healthy food or snack on fruit or cheese, meat, nuts, or crackers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've found a few times where I would eat an edible and nothing happened... well, after eating a meal my metabolism kicked in and so did the edible! usually eating stops a buzz but not always like in my case... eating cannabmimetics can increase a high and omega fats too, omega 3 and 6 to be exact

• Like Like x 1
  7. I defenietly started losing weight when I became a regular smoker. I used to get hella munchies, but that was when I was a noob and had no self control. Now, I basically don't get hungry while high anymore but if I do, I eat healthy munchies like grapes or trail mix.

• Like Like x 1
  8. yeah, cannabis use is not an immediate junk food magnet but the fun of fun food and cannabis go hand in hand..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I remeber the first or second time I got high I ate an entire half pound tub of icing. Fun food is great but there's gotta be self control in there somewhere

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hunger is a biological response to energy needs. If you already carry around excess fat cells hunger is a trick to increase the count of those cells communicating to you this feeling. When you burn calories you start with active enzymes of the stomach. If the stomach has no work to do, the body breaks into fat cell reserves and utilizes the stored energy there. This is why I always observe breakfast by not eating and my body has to earn the day's meal like a traditional hunter-gatherer.

In general if you consume more calories than you burn you will be fat. Burn more than you consume and you are lean.

Once more on hunger - don't respond to the oral fixation your mouth leads you to and you won't "feel" hungry. With a 1st world diet this can be nearly impossible so first learn how to spend money properly and your cortisol stress levels will manage your diet more efficiently.

Or move to a country where good food is scarce and be subject to the life of a poor farmer. You'll really be burning calories there!

• Like Like x 1