so theoretically, can wateer be crushed?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by dankydankk, Jul 12, 2012.

1. If you wanna go totally philosophical with it, an infinite force on the sphere would collapse the sphere to a quantum singularity, becoming an infinite black hole that would suck in the universe at light speed. Which would take about 23 billion years if we were in the center.

2. [quote name='"dankydankk"']

Well the box has "unlimited force" again I know this isn't practical, but would it even be able to shrink at all if there is no air inside? ?[/quote]

No itd always have the same volume. Unless it started evaoorating

3. Ok....so then what happens to water in a black hole?

4. #24 TheMightyKush, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    id imagine a similar reaction as to the ones they found with the z machine in which they added xrays to plasma increasing the temp. and pressure and found that it kickstarts an almost perpetual motion set of gains in pressure and temperature without extra added energy. But then again this is all theoretical

Edit. okay checked around and found its already been done i did the first with the search of the z machine on wikipedia and then followed it to the governments website. look up a substances known as ice VII heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_VII

5. [quote name='"TheBirdShow"']If you wanna go totally philosophical with it, an infinite force on the sphere would collapse the sphere to a quantum singularity, becoming an infinite black hole that would suck in the universe at light speed. Which would take about 23 billion years if we were in the center.[/quote]

Thats assuming matter is passin the singularity n the black hole has enough "fuel" to not evaporate in a split second. The universe has no center everythin is the center.

6. Just checked Wikipedia and it says water is only 1.8% compressible This may be due to dissolved gasses in the water. If water were compressible we wouldn't need,[compressible,] air in well tanks to put the water under pressure in order to provide pressure to pump it....

7. Yes but all im stating is that it IS possible

8. #28 CaliBudE, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    [quote name='"SkunkManSam420"']:) For me, its a good thing to be high and thinking! But in science, assumptions are a sign of a poor scientist :)

If you go down to 500' below sea level and close a water tight box and return to sea level and open that box, the water will burst forth as though, shock of shocks, it was under pressure! If water didn't compress, this would never happen.

There is theoretical arguments made against this. But they are false arguments. Water is very dense, and thus takes an immense amount of pressure to compress it with relative minute results. However, scientist have found planets with so much water deep down in the oceans of this planet that it was a solid state. Not ice, but compressed to a solid state of water. Sounds crazy, but its very true. These scientist speculate that the water below that has become a solid state, is not h20, but possibly Helium, which has a higher atomic mass than Hydrogen.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/05/070517-hot-planet.html

Hope this helps solve some of your questions. Here is a link about this planet.

All the Best~[/quote]

Nice info and I know what op was saying but not really a question he just wants to know what happen with Water if it was pressed down flat with out anywhere to go or escape

9. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

Nice info and I know what op was saying but not really a question he just wants to know what happen with Water if it was pressed down flat with out anywhere to go or escape[/quote]

Yeah basically what I was getting at

10. When an unbreakable object shrinks with an un compressible substance in it.

It wont shrink.

or

A massive black hole appears out of fucking no where and sucks everything up.

Its like an unstoppable force meeting with a non movable object.