So... the truth is out. Finally.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rebirth, Jun 5, 2010.

1. My mom found a screen that i must have dropped and she asked me about it. Both of my parents smoked when they were younger so she knew exactly what it was.

This happened late last night and my parents and I talked for a little bit before they wanted to go to sleep. Basically, they are very disappointing for lying to them(In the past when they asked if I do drugs). They said "you are headed down a path of destruction" and all of the other cliches like "it kills brain cells, makes you lazy and dumb" you know...

My Dad's main reason for being so mad is because he says that weed is what led him to other drugs, such as coke, which he struggled with for many years. Another main thing is that they are mad about is the fact that it is illegal and if i get caught with it then my future will be screwed up because of legal reasons.

It's kind of ridiculous that I got busted over a SCREEN! I'm always so careful, but i must have just missed that one.

I tried telling them how it alleviates my head and neck pain (from a high school football injury), how it helps me concentrate, and how it has made me an over all happier person. I told them about how the studies that said weed kills brain cells were carried out poorly and hold no water. And how it doesn't make me lazy. It really doesn't lol. It makes me wanna get up and get stuff done.

My Dad keeps saying that weed may be fun now but soon it will lead to harder drugs and that I am throwing my life away. Now, I've never gotten less than a C in school. I"m in the Honors Program at my community college. I have had a steady job for a long time. I am transferring to a great university next year. I have all this and a ton more to back up my argument, but they are still have that attitude of "Drugs are bad...thats it"

At this point they are very closed minded on the subject. We are going to have a discussion tonight.

Any tips or advice? I would really, really appreciate it.

P.S. My mom smokes cigarettes and my dad drinks a lot, which are both way worse than weed. I know I shouldn't call them hypocrites or anything because that would make them mad, but ya...any advice would truly be appreciated. Oh and I probably won't have them watch The Union because the documentary is more focused on the legal status and financial issues of herb, not health issues and the gateway theory.

Thanks guys.

2. Next time, claim its for the faucet.

3. Actually I at first Isaid "hmm i dunno, looks like a screen for a sink...i mean faucet". She didn't buy it. At all.

4. Dude it sounds like you have your shit together, so they have no reason to bother you. I toke mostly daily and I can still justify it (in my head at least...)

It sounds like you are pretty well read so it's time to pwn them in your "conversation". If you realize that they truly just don't give a fuck and are still against it, just tell them you'll quit, then buy a vape for stealth toking. Sounds like a portable vape would work well in your situation.

5. Tell them to lighten up and smoke a fattie.

everybody does drugs.

6. Oh....like alcohol? A hard drug that kills brain cells and ruins lives? I know you dont want to offend them but they are being hypocrites by trying to bring up health hazards.

Legal reasons are legit arguments.

7. Promise them that youll keep your shit together and stay off harder drugs or they can kick your ass. Worked with my parents. Also try showing them some facts about it.

8. tell em that you are an adult and you can make your own decisions.

9. Tell them that it's one of the safest drugs out there and that you use it responsibly. If they're still upset, I don't think it's something you're going to convince them of in one night.

My parents were fairly upset when they found out that I smoked mostly because they had absolutely no idea, but they've learned to live with it.

10. Honestly, what I did to get my mom to stop taking me smoking weed so seriously, is I sat her down and me and her watched "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High". As soon as it was over, she sat up, said "You made a good point. You win" and proceeded to make me a victory dinner.