So the parents are finally cool...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dryice, Nov 13, 2008.

1. I already told my dad that I smoked (which he should expect in a college environment) but my mom never knew until last weekend.

I came home from school last weekend and I was smoking a bowl on my balcony. I set the pipe on my stool. So I was jamming to my tunes pretty loud since I was ripped and I heard like screaming in my music. So I was rewinding it to see if it was actually the song and my mom was right behind me yelling at me. So I turn around and jump as if it's fucking Satan staring me in the eyes.

She says, "You're dad made shrimp cocktail."
    I said, "Cool."
    She looks around the door and sees my pipe sitting on the stool.
    She says, "Nice pipe."
    My only response was, "Oh you like it?"

She just turned around and walked off... I was completely surprised. I knew my dad wouldn't give a shit about me smoking, but my mom I would have completely thought different. So it was a pleasant surprise.

2. Sick man you should confront her about it and ask if you can smoke in the house haha.

3. hahaha, thats like something out of a movie man.

4. Oof, I won't go down that road. I once lit a cigar in the house because the wind outside kept knocking out my flame (and cigars when fresh can be a natural bitch to light) and my dad like smelled it instantly and tweaked out.

So definitely no smoking in the house. My balcony has a pretty overlook so it's fine to chill on it.

[​IMG]

That's part of the overlook...

5. Very cool! It's such a weight off your shoulders.

6. It's still really weird. Like if I went onto the balcony and my mom was out gardening, I still wouldn't smoke my bowl. Even if she knows bright as day I'm smoking... I just can't do it in front of her.

7. that's nice, also that's a beautiful overlook...

8. you're dad had probably told her already.
    thats cool though.
    i wish my mom was that accepting of it.

9. nice man. i'm not sure if my parents would care or not and i dont wanna risk it.

10. Yah, I'd assume she knew already.

She found a baggie when she did my laundry for me awhile back... which was probably a red flag. There wasn't anything in it, but she's not stupid.

11. ya my mom knows I smoke and has bought me cannabutter and a vape but I still don't smoke around her and I don't like to be high around her

12. That's pretty cool. As of right now, I'm not sure what my parents would think about me smoking. They know I drink, and I have drank with them before, but it is more of a "don't ask, don't tell situation." I'm not sure how they would feel about weed. They surprise me with their views every day. They are from Up North Minnesota and seem to have more Republican views. They seem fairly liberal though, near as I can tell. If they did find out I don't think I would mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking and I feel no remorse when I smoke. They've just never even asked me about drugs. My childhood was anything but sheltered, but my parents were always there for me and cared for me and set boundaries. They were pretty straightforward when it came to drugs. My Dad would say, "you know drugs are bad, right? " That was the extent of the drug talk. I feel that they think I don't do drugs because really, I have no reason to rebel or act out. If they found out and were cool with it, I still would never talk about it in front of them, nor would I be high around them. I would treat is as though they still didn't know. Honestly, I kind of think I would just like them to never know. I'm not sneaking around and trying to smoke in my bathroom just down the hall from their room, I'm in college living my life.