So Sick!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by theKRONIK, Mar 5, 2011.

1. #1 theKRONIK, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
    Ok, so I just came home from playing at a local WPT amateur league tournament. I was doing pretty well at my table ... I think I was second in chips!

Hand starts I'm right before the dealer so Im in a pretty good position. Cards are dealt and I get AQ off suit! Calls all around until it comes to the guy on my right. He calls 400(blind) and raises another 400 to make it a total of 800 for me to call. I call and the big blind to my left calls ... everyone else folds so theres only 3 of us left in the hand. Flop comes up 5QQ so I have trip queens now with an Ace kicker!! The big blind to my left is first to act and he checks, the guy to my right checks behind him. Now I was thinking about betting here and making it look like im only betting because of my position and because they both checked! But I decided I'd disguise my bet and ask what the minimum bet was (even though I already know what the minimum is but I wanna make it look like I'm just trying to get rid of anyone who doesnt have a hand) they tell me the minimum bet is 400 so i bet 400. The big blind who is next to act then shoves all in, but he's the short stack at the table and both of us have him covered. The guy to my right calls him and now the pot has gotten pretty big so I shove all in. The big blind is already all in so he doesnt have to act and its only the guy to my right that has to make the call. He thinks for about 5 minutes before I called one of the judges and asked for time (this leaves him only 30 seconds to decide). He calls and he has me covered by just a little. We flip our cards over. I have the AQ off suit, the big blind has Q9 suited and the guy to my right has KK. So right off the bat I'm thinkin "NICE" because I have the big blind dominated and the guy to my right only has one out! The turn comes a 6 which gives the big blind a flush draw for the river and doesnt change anything for the two of us. The only way I can lose this hand is for a 9, K or heart to come on the river. But I have the big blind covered so even if the 9 or heart come I'm still in tournament. The only thing that can kick me out is the King and one of the other players at the table says that he folded a King. No way I'm losing right? Well the river comes a King and the guy to my right makes the full house and beats us both, kicking me out of the tournament. I just sat there looking at the river for about 2 minutes before I said "soooo sick", shook everyones hand and left!

...SO SICK!! :(

2. That's poker dude, don't let it get you down. I've lost tournys with full houses to quads and shit.

Short of reading minds, what can you do?