So sad.....

Discussion in 'General' started by purpleyef, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Two little boys were almost beaten to death with a baseball bat. They survived but are on life support. It makes me sick....the guy who did it is very sick but still it pissed me off. The story is below.

The 7-year-old boy of the attack Tuesday afternoon in a public park is not expected to survive and if the 10-year-old boy lives he'll never be the same, friends of the family said today.
    Tests are still being done on both boys, though, and both are still listed in extremely critical condition due to severe head trauma, friends of the family said who asked they not be named.
    Court records show the boys had been attacked with a baseball bat.
    The family expects to know more after the medical tests are complete and a checking account for the public to help with medical expenses is being set up, according to family friends.
    The family also released a statement today saying that they appreciate the public's concern, but wishes to have their privacy respected at this time.
    Meanwhile, an investigation led police to arrest Joe Sauceda Gallegos, 36, of Phoenix on Tuesday on two counts of child abuse and one of a dangerous crime against children. But Gallegos asked for his lawyer before police could question him.
    Images from a neighbor's surveillance camera implicated Gallegos, who was arrested on an outstanding misdemeanor arrest warrant and failure to appear in court.
    The surveillance tape showed the boys, both cousins, walking to the park near 93rd Avenue and West Elwood Street at about 1 p.m. shortly after being followed by a man carrying what appeared to be a baseball bat. A few minutes later, the man was shown walking back alone, police said.
    A call for help was made when they were found by a neighbor a few minutes later, lying in the sand near the playground.
    Police said Gallegos, who lives in the neighborhood with his uncle, appeared nervous when police showed up at his doorway looking for clues. He has two children who live in Colorado with their mother, also both 7- and 10-years-old.
    Family friends said the boys never knew or had any contact with Gallegos before the attack.
    "We don't know the motive. He followed these two boys to the park and bludgeoned them," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson, a [URL="http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/24/20081224abrk-childrenattacked.
    About six months ago, Gallegos allegedly called police to report he killed his two sons in the attic of his home. Officers arrived to find that no such crime had occurred.
    Records show a petition for a court ordered mental evaluation was filed in Superior Court in July. It was not clear whether the request was prompted by Gallegos' call to police. Subsequent case entries indicate Gallegos was released from an inpatient treatment facility on Aug. 20.
    Police searching Gallegos' home found an aluminum baseball bat, a blood-stained T-shirt and what appeared to be bloodstains on Gallegos' shoes, court records showed.
    Records also indicated that Gallegos' uncle told police he believed his nephew had been diagnosed as a schizophrenic.
    Police said their injuries were so bad that they were unable to determine whether a gunshot was involved and paramedics rushed them to a nearby hospital.
    Police believe the suspect acted alone.
    In early October, Gallegos and another man were cited for misdemeanor assault after getting in a fight at a fast food restaurant, Thompson said. He didn't show up for court and a warrant was issued.
    Police had at least two other contacts with Gallegos where he was referred for mental health treatment.

2. I cant imagine how messed up a persons mind would have to be to do that. I have always been curious how people can commit monstrous deeds like that without the guilt destroying them, I guess everyone's mind is different.

3. We desperatly need an eye for eye law. :mad:

4. thats why i steer clear of skitzo's

5. No kidding! I just can't imagine how horribly terrified and scared those poor little boys will be if they make it. My friend has a 5 and 8 year old - so sweet - and I love them to death. I think I would fucking kill anyone that hurt them...and they aren't even mine.

6. For real bring back Hammurabi's code, but dont stop there... take it a step further eye for an eye +1up imo. modern punishment is MUCH too harsh on non-violent (drug) offenders, and MUCH too lax on violent crimes. eye for an eye wouldnt even be gettin even, because then you have an innocent victim and a skitzo without an eye, yet only one had a choice in their fate. Sick-skitzo's are way off in the deep end anyway, you think they care if they're gonna get locked up for 10-30 years?

7. people who suffer from schizophrenia didnt "choose" to get it

and anyone will care about getting locked up for a significant period of time.. thats life lost

im not tryna defend the guy who did this, im just pointing out that dude is sick and most likely didnt know what he was really doing

8. That still doesn't justify his actions.