So pretty sure Trump called for a coup on Twitter.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AugustWest, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Of all the threads critical of Trump I think you'll find this is by far the most valid and indeed tame in it's vitriol.

What Trump has done is absurd, there's no other way to describe his actions here. He's called publicly for a coup in Venezuela. This is both dangerous and reckless. As the leader of the most powerful country in the world he's using Twitter to dictate policy in foreign states. The US is renowned for it's interventions in other states affairs but this is a new low.

I hope and pray that this backfires spectacularly on the US.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Smokey, Hey Now...Thats what Hillary was saying about North Korea and President Trumps break through on there nuke ambitions. Hey, If twitter works that good why bitch about it? At least we don't get the fake news spin from the President in real time..Its like a miracle ..imo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nah dude.. This time it's totally about freedom and democracy.
    You're just too stupid to see it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pence Pledged U.S. Backing Before Venezuela Opposition Leader’s Move

Trump administration’s secret plan offering support for opposition leader Juan Guaidó was preconceived and tightly coordinated

The night before Juan Guaidó declared himself interim president of Venezuela, the opposition leader received a phone call from Vice President Mike Pence.

Mr. Pence pledged that the U.S. would back Mr. Guaidó if he seized the reins of government from Nicolás Maduro by invoking a clause in the South American country’s constitution, a senior administration official said.

That late-night call set in motion a plan that had been developed in secret over the preceding several weeks, accompanied by talks between U.S. officials, allies, lawmakers and key Venezuelan opposition figures, including Mr. Guaidó himself.

It culminated in the 35-year-old Mr. Guaidó’s declaration Wednesday that Mr. Maduro’s government was illegitimate and that Mr. Guaidó, president of the country’s National Assembly, was assuming power in accordance with the country’s constitution.

Almost instantly, just as Mr. Pence had promised, President Trump issued a statement recognizing Mr. Guaidó as the country’s rightful leader. Soon after came similar pronouncements from Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others.

But Mr. Maduro, who refused to step aside, nearly as quickly drew statements of support from Turkey, Russia, Mexico and Bolivia, setting into motion a tense international faceoff over the future of Venezuela.

The gripping sequence of events presented a rarely seen side of Mr. Trump’s foreign policy, one that was preconceived, tightly coordinated and carried out swiftly and efficiently.

But the White House and other branches of the government struggled to see eye-to-eye. The plan stirred concern among some officials who feared it could stoke instability and endanger U.S. diplomats in Caracas. On Thursday, the State Department ordered the removal of nonessential personnel from the U.S. embassy in Caracas.

While the developments this week surprised many onlookers, Mr. Trump had long viewed Venezuela as one of his top-three foreign policy priorities, including Iran and North Korea.

“He cared about it tremendously,” said Fernando Cutz, who had served as senior director for Western Hemisphere affairs on Mr. Trump’s National Security Council and handled Venezuela matters

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. WHY DOES TRUMP HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY? HE IS THE SIDE SHOW, YET THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE HIM CENTER STAGE

sorry I had my caps on an I don't feel like retyping that shit

what is happening today in Venezuela has been in motion for at least a decade. the country is fucked up! the citizens are mad. if their current president has been doing his job correctly, there wouldn't be any need for a new leader. if he was leading right, his followers would not have abandon him. nothing personal, but that country needs someone who knows what they are doing, and this guy dosnt

6. Trump went on Twitter and announced who the president of another country was. That's why he's part of the story.

7. so its another 'bitch about trump' thread???

arnt yall tired of your little resist everything fight? when will yall be ready to move It the fuck along and start running the country? instead of opposing every little thing, why not think of solutions to help make America a better place to live. be an effective and positive leader. instead of saying no no no no no. instead everyone wants to drag it though mud. whats the point anymore? all what is happening is that people will begin to tune everything out and stop paying attention.

8. Very few of the posts in this thread have to do with trump.
    What am I resisting?
    My solution for making America a better place is to stop fucking around in everyone else's affairs and worry about our own borders and infrastructure.
    What's yours?
    I don't hate everything about Trump but I don't like everything either.
    Is that so bad?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Would you rather we sent troops like we did to Syria? I personally would rather him say he recognizes what's his fuck than to intervene with troops or money. ..... probably

PS besides we have people in our own government who tweet this shit about our own sitting president.

10. Lmao. You had to find a way to bring Hillary into it.

11. No of course I don't want to send troops. But don't forget that all of these interventions always start with rhetoric and propaganda first.
    And I agree, the undermining of our own president especially by former intelligence agents in the media and on twitter is extremely dangerous and wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well Smokey, I wouldn't of brought her up until you about quoted her on the twitter method concerning foreign policy. I would forget about her but she isn't in jail yet.

13. She isn't going to jail, neither is trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thats true..The new AG said he would look into her Email scandal and apply the law equally..And then he will find out that she had to break the law to protect Obama because he was actively taking care of government business on her private server under a false name and lied to the country thinking she was going to win the election and cover it up.
    Now lets see if the AG is worth a shit and do the right thing. I would bet that all of her emails are on the perverts lap top.. I don't care if she goes to jail but I want them barred from politics for life and to admit to the nation that they are liars and unworthy of public service.

15. Don't hold your breath. They are not the same as you and me. They have already gotten away with their crimes. It's a done deal. These people "owned" the system. Demanding justice equates to crying for a warm fuzzy, as we watch the criminals fade back into the murky sludge from where they came, where they will live out their golden years wallowing in insignificance.
    The disgusting way our current president has to endure the frenzied attacks and obstruction from the minions is just their way of pissing in the water cooler and vandalizing the parking lot on the way out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. They're both low life scum, slithery self serving parasites.

Trump has certainly shown himself to be the exact same as Obama, Bush and Clinton with his warmongering interventional foreign policies. This attempted coup in Venezuela is straight out of the neoconservative playbook.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I agree Ron, I also believe something has to happen to somebody other than just people in President Trumps orbit or bad things will happen at levels the country hasn't seen sense the GOP freed the slaves. The Dems have a serious trust issue with the power of the government being used against their own people. And until something happens to straighten this shit out I am very worried for the whole country. I truly believe we haven't even seen the bad shit that has taken place against our President yet.

The new AG has some work to do and hopefully he has the stomach for it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. As long as we don't have to step foot in south america they can coup all they want. They ate there dogs and they are hungry people so let them have at it..