So pretty sure Trump called for a coup on Twitter.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AugustWest, Jan 24, 2019.

1. What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Regime changed pretty much had to happen, the question is whether Guaido will be any better than Maduro/Chavez's government

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. OK that's fine, and good for the Venezuelan people if that works out for them. Something has to change when toilet paper is more valuable than currency.
    My issue is with a sitting US president announcing it on Twitter.
    Is it his place to announce via Twitter to the Venezuelan people who their new president is?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. He has zero morals or ethics and thinks he is the centre of the fucking universe. I hope someone pops that big head of his soon!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.
    I mean he is an absolute buffoon. I’m just wondering if he’s going to get impeached or we just have to ride it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Where is the appropriate place to announce such a thing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. How about nowhere?
    Am I wrong? I've never seen a coup take place in public like this. I'm all ears dude.. I'm no expert on this. Just shocked..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Is it a coup? Seems to me like a President who says a lot of shit on Twitter said some shit on Twitter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. The rest of the south American presidents (except Mexico) have all followed suit after Trump's announcement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Does poke another hole in the "Putin's puppet" narrative though..

11. I would say it's an attempt to incite a coup.. Sure.

12. If US troops and military resources are involved, then you'll see me react very differently. If this statement causes a bloody(ier) civil conflict (than what's been going on), then you'll see me react differently.

If this deposes Maduro by way of soft power in favor of a better leader who rights the plague Maduro has unleashed on Venezuela, then I think it's to be heralded as a brilliant move of diplomacy.

Let's reserve our judgement until we see the result?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Sure, I'd agree with that, but those are very different things!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sounds good man.. I get carried away when I see the US poking it's nose around.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's not always bad.

16. [​IMG]
    they can always wait on the border until potus quits or is interned

17. Neither will happen. He'll probably get voted out in 2020, but he's not resigning or being thrown in jail. That's just MSNBC fantasy fiction.

And the US immigration laws don't change from president to president.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. It usually is when there's this much oil involved, and major bipartisan neocon support in the US.