so...my plants arent flowering...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lrfowler, Aug 5, 2018.

1. hello...
    good morning ....
    so I started the plants under lights on 2/22/18.....
    the plants are small clones ...I planted them in good fertilizer...
    they grew nice...
    6/21/18 I moved them outside into a greenhouse I built...
    they are about 6 feet tall now....they are not flowering yet.....they show little strands.... but buds are not happening....lots of leaves..... I've been cutting the lower leaves to induce all the growth to the upper leaves...
    I am in the SF Bay Area....South City.
    around 7/13 i began giving the plants Bergmans flowertime fertilizer...N-15.....P-6......K-30...
    every week...
    it's now 8/15/18..........do I keep giving them bergmans flowertime?
    I also have a package of plant BOOST..... N-0.....P-27........K-27.
    ADVICE PLEASE....they are not flowering yet.

2. Jump back in your time machine and take some pictures from 8/15 so we can see what they look like.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. Too many hours of light for them to start. They'll probably start to show preflowers soon if that's not what the little strands are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ^ What he said ^

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. On the bright side, you should have some massive plants

6. Hon, cannabis flowering is controlled by the light/dark cycle. (This is why when growing indoors, we cut the light from 16 to 18 hours per day during veg, down to 12/12 to induce flowering.) Right now, we are at roughly 14 hours of sunlight per day. As the days grow shorter, your plants will flower.

Just be patient and stop worrying so much. If they look healthy, they are healthy, and will reward you with buds in due time.

7. THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES..yes ...when they were under lights it was 12 hours on ...12 off....but I been doing a little reading......and most say ...seed to harvest is 4 months.......what???.......I know here in CA ..Mendocino weed starts selling right after Thanksgiving...I guess I should keep giving them the flowering food...N-15.....P-6......K-30... until when?

8. But how long were they under 12/12 light schedule?

If you had them indoors under a grow light with that light schedule, and then took them outside where the days are not short enough to flower your plants, they can revert back into the vegetative state. This has the potential of making your plants hermie, among other issues. I would personally give them veg nutrients because they still need a balanced blend of nutrients for chlorophyll production.

I would not cut out nitrogen and use a PK-only booster until my plants are for sure flowering and probably a couple weeks into flowering.

Changing the nutrients won’t force them or help your plants to flower.

9. i had them indoors from 2/22/18 to 6/21/18......12 hours light on .12 hours off....

10. You started your plants with a 12/12 light cycle, and they were under 12/12 for 4 MONTHS and they aren’t showing any preflowers at all?!

11. Have you at least been able to determine the sex of your plants?

12. thanks for your reply...thanks for the Nitrogen clue......yes thats what the flowering fertilizer is ....15-N....PHOSPHOROUS 6....POTASSIUM 30....I need to keep giving Nitrogen until they start flowering like you said..

13. I believe they are female....no buds...