So my parents found out i smoke..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lewissn, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Yeah, so on the weekend my parents went away on holiday and left me with the house to look after. So naturally I spent my time breaching the limits of how high I can get using the new Roor bong I bought (I got very high). Well on Monday I cleaned my mess around the house and put the bong in a bag, then into a box and left it in my room thinking my parents wouldn't be nosey fucks.
    I got home after being out and greeted my parents etc, went to my room and my bong was standing next to the box I put it in! At first I was like wtf, since I was stoned, then my mum came in and basically screwed with me saying shit like "I go away for 3 days and you have a party and do drugs in my house". Then she diverted her eyes onto my little weed plant I left on my window seal by accident and lost her shit. She went on about how bad weed is and it'll make me do stronger stuff. So I told her to check her facts before she carried on and how she's a hypocrite (she drinks a bottle of wine most evenings) for bitching about it being bad for me.
    Then the next day my dad simply said, "me and your mother don't like it that you smoke dope", so I said "k" and that was that.
    Just kind of annoyed that my parents are so naive to get brainwashed by people who say cannabis is bad for you. Go read a book.

tldr; parents found my bong and plant, got annoyed.

This is a really pointless story, I'm just venting I guess.

2. their house their rules buddy , it sucks but its just the way it is

3. I understand that, what annoyed me is I thought they were better than to bitch about how bad it is, especially my dad considering he used to do it as well.

On the bright side, I don't have to hide my plant when they're around anymore

4. The issue they had (IMO) was you hiding everything. If you weren't sneaky about it all, I don't think the issue would have escalated to what it did.

5. You live in their house. Technically it's their room and they let you use it. They don't agree with weed so if they don't like it, they have every right to give you shit for it. No offense, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all. But don't complain because you feel like your privacy was violated and they don't agree with your choices. Fact is, you don't have any privacy until you move out and get your own place.

I'm still at my parents house at 26. I made a choice to live with them while still in school and working. I cover every single one of my bills. I'm fully independent. I come and go as I please. But I'm crazy if I don't think my parents wouldn't go through my room if they felt like it. It's theirs so I can't say anything about it. And I damn well know better than to EVER try to smoke in their house or grow.

6. Welp you done fucked up. Learn from it and do better in the future.

7. You mother drinks a whole bottle of wine?

8. She's gotta do something to deal with her kid.

9. Get a portable vaporizer: minimum smell and easy to hide.

10. Zing!

11. they are doing it out of love, you should be happy anyways, they didn't take your bong or your plant.

12. Loltttt

13. "we dont like you smoking dope"

14. My parents are old school. They just found out i smoke, and i told em the truth, there is no point in lieing about the fact that you smoke (you may, of course, avoid telling her how often, say like, 2-3 times a week).
    Whenever she starts any arguments, tell her:
    "Ok mom, lets sit down, and now you'll hear real facts"
    pick up a pc and start showing her WHATEVER she wants.
    I remember answering my mom the exact following:

"It kills brain cells!"
    "No mom, it doesn't. Listen, i have gone thru a lot of research and i am about to lay down facts. What would you wish to know?"
    "Why do people say it kills braincells?"
    "Because, when the experiment was made, the monkeys used were deprived of oxygen, and therefore it affected their brain chemistry. Recent researches.. fuck this, im so bored of typing that imma stop right here, sorry

15. i wouldn't be too hopeful about that windowsill plant btw.....try and put it somewhere in the garden...and yeah it seems like they don't like it but are willing to put up with it so you're golden

16. The only thing my parents made me do was destroy my 2 weeks old hydro plant :(

17. My parents used to care, but now we have mutual respect. I dont smoke in the house, and they wont fuck with my stuff. Hell, my mum saw my 1 foot bong the other day and just told me not to leave it out.

Damn, so glad i almost have enough money to get my own place.

18. My dilemma is:
    I like to smoke alone, in my room, causing no harm, just enjoying my trip.
    Since i'm not on the streets, my parents should, in theory, feel better right?

So i told my mother: Ok, i won't smoke in the apartment, i will respect it, but may i take my car for a ride, smoke, and then return.
    She looked at me scared, as if would get arrested for being with a small amount (i'm from brazil, different laws, but with a small amount, worst case scenario i gotta go down to the station, sign a paper, and go home) in a nearby park.

What should i do?

19. Let me add a few details:

I told them last week i was planning on leaving the house, with or without their help.
    I am their only son and it's a really old school close ass family, so i got frowned upon.
    Listen. Don't judge. I am 22.
    So, it was a shock for them, and they can barely accept it. I don't know what's gonna happen, but i can't stay here anymore, and i told them that if they decide not to help me, i would leave, get a job, leave college and start a new life.

20. Sounds intense bro. We all wanna fly, just be sure you got wings