So my manager and I rented this 160 year old place to jam.

Discussion in 'General' started by Senior PoopiePants, Mar 10, 2012.

1. that's pretty cool man.

being in the middle of nowhere is also cool. contrary to popular belief you are actually safer there away from people than you are in a city

2. haha idk why but at first it reminded me of the hideout from grand theft auto the lost and the damned. thats really cool though dude, and its in the chillest spot. its also coming along very nicely.

3. Thanks. We're working hard at it.

4. why dont you just live there man?

5. No running water. There's a bathroom, but we need water (jugs) to make it flush - alas, no shower.

Crashing there is one thing, but not living there.

6. Man this is amazing, please keep this thread updated. I dont think I read it anywhere, so do you mind if I ask how much this is setting you back?

7. It's in the OP, dude. :) It's $325 a month and if we go over $50 in electricity, we have to pay the difference.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jfBJUJPLk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Area 52. Wall almost done. - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone have any idea what movie that is? You get a cookie if you know.

9. uh, Black Godfather or perhaps Superfly?

10. Nope. It's a parody movie from the 70's. That's as far as I'll go...

11. Lmao must have been really stoned when making that video.

Shit, watching that made me realize that place is OLD

12. [quote name='"OpenMindFields"']Lmao must have been really stoned when making that video.

Shit, watching that made me realize that place is OLD[/quote]

This place is indeed old. And I wasn't stoned. I just had a few beers with my buddies that were there. The dude putting up the insulation and who built the wall was my manager at where I work, but he quit so we're actually allowed to hang out. The other dude who's sitting is a fellow server I work with. It's cool to be able to hang out with the guy who was right under the general manager. I get to hear all the dirt about management, and he's a great drummer! Win/win.

13. Anyone figure out what movie that was?

14. lol before my time bro..

15. #56 Klauck, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
    watch out for spirits my man and look for aNtiquez. Might find something worth lots of money

16. The movie is called "Kentucky Fried Movie" and it's a perfect stoner movie. Watch it!

17. Haha that plae looks creepy as fuck. I would deffinitly be watching out for ghosts.

18. I don't believe in no ghosts. If I did, I would have flipped shit when I heard something pushing around the wood in the wood pile on the other side of our partition.

It was just some large animal, like a raccoon or something. And this would happen while I would be there alone at like 2 am.

So yeah, it's gonna take a lot to scare me out of there. And if I DID see a ghost, I would say "What's up, wanna chill?" or something.

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

But that place can look creepy at night. I love it. :D

19. Wow... It's been a year! Area 52 was sold to someone, so we had to get out of there last year.

I miss that place more than anyone could imagine. :(

But at least I have this thread for the memories - that's why I created it. :)