So my cat is probably dead.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by underahoneymoon, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Your cat killed a fucking owl. How proud were you??

2. Cats do go on walkabouts sometimes, they can dissapear for weeks, especially male cats. My Nan has had so many lost stray cats show up at her door an the kitty always ends up tryin to move with her. I dunno she just seems to attract lost animals especially cats.

Hopefully your cat will show up though. It's heartbreakin losing a pet :(

3. man... when i was like, 86 or 7, i had this bomb ass cat i called bowtie. he was pretty as hell, all sleek and this crazy black and grey pattern on him. anyway one day in winter, and i mean like my city is literally called winterpeg lol so like winter winter, he runs away right. never saw him again, but he was such a pretty damn cat i figured someone else picked him up

hopefully your kitty just got into a little tussle in the backyard, losing a bit of hair and isn't quite ready to come home. my current kitty had something similar, he had a girlfriend (lol) and the girlfriend cat lived with this asshole male and the male comes and beats the shit out of my lil kitty and he stayed away for a good week, but he's 50/50 out and indoor so i wasn't worried

best wishes for your cat tho, ill smoke one in his honour if he doesnt turn up!

4. That's probably not weed you're sparking if you can't remember if you were 86 or 7. :p

5. I can't "like" this because I'm on the mobile app, but needed you to know i lol'd. It's been a rough day, so that helped. Thanks! :D

6. It's ok cats have no souls anyways.. jk im sorry to hear that. Always sucks when that happens

7. Word man. My cats went missing for 3 months one time. Then outta nowhere she came back asking for food. And she never left again after that lol. SOmething must of happened out there

8. My neighborhood's cats suddenly disappeard this last Summer, like 9 cats went missing.
    Including my cat I've had as my companion since my childhood(My avatar), his brother who lived at my neighbors across the street, and my newborn kittens mother.

We never really found out what happened, hired a trapper to see if it was an Animal, we found a pile of fur, but he said it seemed strange and an Animal wouldn't leave a pile of fur like that.

This happened in July and my family still can't believe my cat is gone, he was a warrior of a cat.. I was however left my cat's Grand child, so in some small way I am happy I still have apart of him.

I hope anyone with a missing cat finds their friendly felines alright.

9. I wouldn't write the cat off yet. I have a cousin that had an indoor cat that went missing for 2 weeks and showed back up one day like nothing happened.

10. Hope your cat comes home. I've had indoor cats (female) that I thought were gone come home after a week. They just came home purring, obviously happy to be home looking none the worse for their adventure. Always made me curious what they've been doing for the past week or so. She really seemed happy to see me and come inside but I wonder if she got lost or just wanted a vacation. She slept a lot after her vacation but otherwise was just fine.

Hopefully your cat will come home too. Good luck to you and the cat. I get really attached to my pets so they become part of the family and are loved very much.

11. [​IMG]
    I hope your free range kitty makes it back home

12. #32 1badbruce, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013

If there are coyotes on the mountain there's probably big cats that the mountain is within their range.
    Cats do show up after weeks but I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.
    After having cats for most of my adult life the wife got a couple of dogs after our 16 year old cat, 'Useless' finally died from a cancerous tumor.
    I'd forgotten how great dogs are & wouldn't trade them for the fattest, friendliest cat around. One's a pit/boxer mix & the other a Staffordshire Terrier(English Pit). Great watchdogs protecting the house, the grow & the wife when I'm not home.

Just for general info re: the wildlife on your mountain. The meat eaters refer to cats as the other white meat. Not trying to be a dick, just kidding.
    Think about a dog though. Great animals.

Cheers & GL:D

edit: When we went to the vet to have 'Useless' finally put down the wife had to take him in, I couldn't go in, I cried like a baby.

13. I never thought of owls posing a threat to my cats....My cats would certainly put up a fight though....Be gone bird!!!

14. I have also had a cat missing for weeks that has just turned up again one day!

... saying that, she stayed for about a week, disappeared again... it's been about 4 years now lol

15. I know this is about your cat but...
    My boyfriend moved here and his deaf dog ran away for three days, almost four. It was like...two days after he moved here, from 3+ cities away. The dog hadn't been taken on long walks away from his new home, but he found his way home eventually. He refused to go outside for a week, though! I think a coyote tried to make him his prison bitch, because he was covered in something around his butt, and a little scabbed in a few places.
    Now when he gets off the leash he stays close by, and keeps looking back!

I've taught my cats and my newest puppy what 'go home' means, in case they ever get out. When I see a cat I've never seen before, and he looks lost, I like to tell him that he needs to go home or his humans will be mad, then they run away...

I hope he comes home, about a month ago, my 12 year old cat went missing for about 3 days, but she's back and now she has a name tag on her collar that you can actually read...I don't know if she was ever chipped though

16. That's... graphic haha.

Hope your cats okay though. I've got two cats myself, think I'd die if they didn't come back one night. They're my lil homies.

17. Never count a cat out, my dad once threw his sisters cat in a lake because it peed on his bed, it sunk to the bottom of the lake then a week later was at the front door.