So my cat is probably dead.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by underahoneymoon, Nov 20, 2012.

1. There's three cats here and they all are outdoor cats that come home at night but one of them has been missing for about three days now. I live right next to a mountain and there are coyotes in my neighborhood so I'm guessing that's what happened. I never really paid that much attention to him he's a loner cat who doesn't really like to be pet but he's been at my dad's house for like 11 years with another cat we've had as long.
    Meh kinda bummed.

2. 11 years is a pretty good run for outdoor cats. Usually they don't live past 4-5 years. Or maybe it's because of where I live.

3. Never count a cat as dead until you see its body! I have had them turn up after being missing for weeks!

Granny

4. Fucking coyotes, probably gang raped your cat :(

But he might still be alive...
    "Quality, over Quantity."

5. Hopefully he's just been on an adventure getting some pussy and dining on the finest mice in all the land.

6. I had a cat missing for weeks I thought that fool was toast but that asshole finally showed back up

7. Yeah hopefully he's alive, but if he's dead just see it as him having a good life, 11 years is fucking good if you ask me.

Losing pets sucks though. :(

8. Damn. That sucks. Hopefully the cat comes back soon!

I second this.

My parents cat is going on 20yrs old and has been 90%/10% outdoor/indoor for her entire life. Literally only comes inside to eat and sleep.

When we used to go away int he summer for a few weeks at a time, my neighbor would take care of the cat and mail, etc. For the first few years, he would always call after a few days in a panic because 'the cat is missing'. We quickly realized it was just part of the routine

Sure enough, within a day or two of returning home, she'd come trotting across the yard and up to the door. Sometimes with battle scars. We have tons of wildlife, including coyotes, where my parents live in CT.

Longest shes been 'missing' is 4 weeks.

... and shes tiny! Weighs less than 2lbs and is about the size of two fists when shes curled up.

Attached Files:

9. Yeah, hopefully he does come back! I know that would make my dad happy. And I know he has wandered off for a couple days before but not for this long. And my dad said he found clumps of his hair in the yard :(

10. eek... yeah, thats probably not a good sign. :(

11. Best of luck! My favorite cat just disappeared one day. I miss that fat bastard. Lol.

12. I had an outdoor cat that got taken in by someone who lived way down the road from where I grew up. I spotted her a few times as the years went by, she got away when she was young so didn't get too attached to us. I lived on a good chunk of land with lots of coyotes and wildlife around, thought she was a goner for sure!

You never know what kind of hope there is out there!

13. I usually give up on pussy after a few days to.. On to the next

14. sorry to hear that op

15. Sounds like an owl got your cat..

when my cat was alive, I got between her and a great horned owl..

Felt bad for hitting that bird, but nobody's touchin my babygirl!

rip.. :(

Owls are a serious threat. Dont let your cats out at night..

16. Welp he never came home :(

17. Fuck. Seriously... what crazy timing b/c I just thought about this thread. My cat (posted above) passed away on Monday. 20 fuckin' years old. :(

18. Son of a bitch thats an old cat..

He could almost buy beer

19. I had a bobtail growing up, was a beast of a cat. Fucked up our great dane a couple of times, once required stitches on his nose. Spent most of it's time outside, but would bring in critters it killed, like wtf. Brought a baby turtle in once.. that's actually why the great dane needed stitches, cause he wanted the turtle. Wiggles wasn't having it.. He went missing once, well missing for longer than normal. Found him with his leg in a fox trap, so we fixed him up and kept him inside til it healed. Had a slight limp after. He disappeared again and we never saw him, until like a year later. I was walking in our woods and came across an owl that had been dead for a good bit under a tree. I figured it was the crows til I heard a meow. I look up to see this damn cat poking it's head out of the hole in the tree where the owl lived. I'd go an visit from time to time, but seemed like he was out hunting usually. I didn't assume he was gone gone until I stopped finding dead animals around his home, but he could of just moved on too.

Even when it's months, don't always count it out. Our woods were home to many many foxes, hence the fox traps, and he carved out a living.

20. i have indoor cats and i dont see one of them for 2 or 3 days at a time. ittl probably turn up sometime.