Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So my bong exploded..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KiaraW, Apr 20, 2010.

1. So I just bought a little 20$ Plastic bong. its about 13 - 17cm tall. I cant remember the exact height.

Basically last night I was having a fine and dandy old time getting ripped out of my tree. And then I dont know what happened but I Guess I wasnt holding the bottom of the bong (Bottom is just a small piece of plastic that comes off pretty easy), and I guess I wasnt paying attention but I put the weed in the bowl, lifted it up, and then

GOOOOSH.

bong water.
    everywhere.
    All over me. my keyboard....my cat. :/

My room now smells entirely of bong water.
    not too thrilled.
    I laughed at the time :smoking:
    but This morning I was a bit shocked.

anyways. I guess I should get to my question.

basically im wondering If Im just being a retard and not holding my bong right or something?

this is my first bong and ive never used one before this week.

My bong comes apart into a bunch of different pieces.

the bottom comes off and has a little piece of plastic on the inside that you push the stem into but thats the part that fell off so im wondering if Im supposed to keep the bong on the table while im smoking?

also it leaks out the bottom.

basically. im broke so I cant get a new one.

yeah...

sorry. Super long post. I know.

but I had to share this epic fail somewhere..
    :smoking::smoking:

2. dude u got bong water on ur cat?!? lmao.

i think most people would agree that pics would be very helpful. but im sorry that happened man.

3. wait...so theres a piece on the bottom...that is separate from the water chamber...that comes the fuck off without force, THAT is a fight that gravity will win any day

4. haha thats a good story to tell once you get all the shit cleaned up

5. Invest in a cheap one-piece glass bong next time. Problem solved.

6. Yeah sounds like you got a faulty bong, it should not just come apart like that. You need to attach the bottom more securely so it can't happen again.

7. At least it was only $20.

8. well how long did u have it for? cuz heat and plastic dont mix... plus ur creating a vacuum inside the bong to suck the smoke thru so it all is bad for the plastic... i say buy a glass bong next time cuz glass will take more abuse

9. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH that fucking cat knows how it is man

10. Actually cheap glass bongs suffer from poor annealing... making them even more likely to explode (literally) than anything made of plastic... so.... not a good idea.

11. Your dank was just too dank for the bong. It combusted violently because it was shamed you were using an acrylic bong...

12. poor wet cat. get a better bong.

13. I've got this 20 dollar glass bong I've had for 6 years. Gets me high almost daily and I've had zero problems with it. Really, I don't know what you're talking about.

14. That's ok... you don't have to know much about the mechanics of glass to use it. I just do. If you'd like to know what I'm talking about the information is out there... lots of it in toking tools.

1st question... did you know your glass would last you 6 years when you bought it?

2nd question... if you'd seen the effects of poorly annealed glass AND knew that lots of cheap glass is poorly annealed would you have still risked it?
    (When I say cheap... I don't just mean price.)

Let's not make this about glass... it was a simple statement. If you want to know more PM me.

15. Well i bought it knowing it wasnt exactly a prize bong.

Actually my bong looks just like the one that fat ass cat is holding on the first page!!! except mine has three bubble thingys on it (the round part) instead of one.

:(

fuck. i hate being broke. ahah. should I like........duct tape it or something!? D:

good god im a noob.

16. pretty much. :d