So much more to music than you think

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PacComeBack, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Well, I was listening to A.D.H.D. by Kendrick Lamar. And I feel like every line has its own special meaning that you actually have to listen to and analyze to really get it. Like here's and example "My generation sipping cough syrup like its water, never no pancakes in the kitchen." Everyone's just tripping on lean, (syrup) but they aint got no pancakes (food) his whole section 80 album just fucks with my mind. He isn't the only one to do this either. Ab-Soul does it a lot. Idk if I sound crazy or just over analyzing this but damn. Black hippy<3

2. #2 mr man fan, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Or maybe you are just high. That isn't that an exceptional line to be brutally honest, it's fairly obvious, doesn't require much "analysis". Most songs do have meaning though and should be listened to.

Check out some Aesop Rock, Bob Dylan, MF DOOM....interesting lyrics that you can hear time and time again and catch some new meaning.

Not to put down that line of course. That type of stuff is a reality for some people. I'm just saying it's fairly obvious.

3. [quote name='"mr man fan"']Or maybe you are just high. That isn't that an exceptional line to be brutally honest, it's fairly obvious, doesn't require much "analysis". Most songs do have meaning though and should be listened to.

Check out some Aesop Rock, Bob Dylan, MF DOOM....interesting lyrics that you can hear time and time again and catch some new meaning.

Not to put down that line of course. That type of stuff is a reality for some people. I'm just saying it's fairly obvious.[/quote]

Love all those you mentioned. And yeah it was kinda obvious but what really caught my mind was cartoon and cereals. That song is a mins fuck

4. only real hip hop evokes that kind of feeling. all this swag/trap music is pure garbage.

5. Yea i just recently started to get into aseop rock and god damn. Every line you can litteraly dissect and interpret. And hell yea black hippy.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUY6Iiur6E]Madvillain - Monkey Suite - YouTube[/ame]

I genuinely think that track is a masterpiece. Madlib's eerie production goes so well with DOOM's eccentricity.

"It stings when he laugh when he at the bank drive-thru
    Wylin', get me every red penny
    Sold a lonely only child an imaginary enemy"