So much for the Emrald triangle

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by lunarpig, Nov 3, 2010.

1. you gotta be effing kidding me...I know this is simply angry me talking.. but i feel sort of betrayed. I thought pot smokers are good honest earth fearing people.. bunch of fuckin greedy basterds! Napalm anyone?

2. Money is a more persuasive green.

3. That's true.
    I'd choose tons of money over tons of weed any day.

4. One word...livelihood.

One day it's good, the next it's gone. Humboldt, and Mendocino voted overwhelmingly against.

5. not a surprise they don't want their profits cut into, they got a piece of the cake but no one else can have it

6. it really sickens me knowing that they all voted no, benedict arnolds! gah.... we should boycott their bud. or just send an anynoumous tip in to the feds. pshhh shit pisses me off.... :mad:

7. Boycott, yes. Send annoymous tips, no. Getting marijuana producers shut down is only counter productive. Boycotting is letting the free-market take reign.

8. This is the time growers up in Northern Cali get with the casual smokers south of them as well as the medical users and hemp industrialist and start writing a new prop that they are all on board with and just have to convince the non-cannabis friendly people of Cali.

This could springboard all of the other states too. Don't let the loss of Prop 19 stop the movement of getting it legalized.

9. Well lets look at the bright sides:

If you're a teenager, you can now still get weed just as easy as before, by using the same unregulated dealers. If you're lucky, they'll introduce you to crack and heroin.

If you're a grower/dealer, you can afford your new rims still. If anything, the publicity of this vote also probably increased your customer base.

If you're an MMJ patient, you can continue to pretend your "special". MMJ users love their "patient" status, because they can pretend they're not just getting high like the rest of us.

If you're a pharma company, you can push your drugs more heavily. There won't be an alternative for at least several more years.

If your with the alcohol companies, Millions of Californians can resume their regularly scheduled liver destruction,

If your hands were green with money before, you don't have to wash them off quite yet.

If you were one of the ones who voted NO out of ignorance, you've maintained your delusion for yet a few more years.

See...it's not all bad :)

10. You guys really expected them to vote for it?
    And honestly, this forum has alot of people that sound like a bunch of spoiled little kids that dont want to hear anything but their opinion. All I hear is "grower this...blah...dealer that..fuck their lives" with no actual agruements behind it. And fyi, Humboldt is a small poor town where almost everyone goes into the marijuana industry to make a living, because their is hardly any other jobs and hard to leave with no money.

11. The solution is simple. If you suspect that a grower is illegally evading income taxes, then report them to the IRS.

It's not a DEA issue, it's an IRS issue and the growers should be paying income taxes like everyone else.

12. spoiled kids? Mother fucker we dont wanna go to jail.. cut this shit out.. This wasnt about making money in this prop this was about cali leading the way in legalization.. And for christ sake if you were selling/growing at a level where you made your life from it then guess what? YOU ARE A STEP+ AHEAD OF EVERYONE ELSE... come the fuck on man

13. Humboldt is not a town...

Put down the bong for a sec, dude. Your point was well taken, but don't go Ad Hominum when you don't understand the basic facts of the argument.