So many questions....

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Skrutting, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Is control a virtue?

Does it even exist? if so, what other than an idea?

When I was younger I never thought of asking questions but now its like, I'm either going to learn things through reason or experience.

Why do people fight the control? Why don't people follow the rules?

-We break the rules simply because they're there. Not because we're criminals, or because we just like to be annoying. We wouldn't break a rule if it wasn't made. Which raises the question of whats really right or wrong.

Rules leading to judging.
    -a "law" leads to judging/jurors/judges
    -a rule in sports lead to judges, referees, umpire
    -"school is for nerds", someone tries in school, people judge them.

But is it all because people don't want to use their head?

Jack d
    -We have to assure ourselves (often physically or verbally) that we have the ability to be in control instead of saf17ely knowing that we are. But why?

People fear of not having control of their life because they think that means they have no ability to change it. Let's say you don't have control. That means you can't control your emotions, wants and needs, thoughts, movement, any sort of mental or physical action.

Okay? So? What is so scary? If you think you can control your emotions, why do you get sad? or depressed? All you ever want in life is happiness so why make yourself sad?

That means you can't control who, what, when, where, why, or how you want or need things. Which raises the possession of fault off you. Now why would you want to be guilty something?

If you can't control your thoughts, you shouldn't be afraid to think. of anything. Now why should you?

You can't control your movement. Okay? then don't be afraid of how you move in general.

Jack kills John, the owner of the 7-11 because he refused to give him the money. Now, REAL questions to ask are who is john, who is jack, what/when/where/why is jack or john....

Because we're all people. Thinking whos bad and who's good skips all the questions that really determine whos good and bad. But because you hear first what they did, people are so quick to judge this person because they know, through "experience", aka their eyes, aka bullshit, of what a bad person looks like.

Lets say Jack runs into the store, he pulls out his gun, asks for the money, John says no, Jack kills John. Jack then takes the money, and leaves either by physically running or by leaving the soul (he dies) or MAYBE even mentally leaving the state of psychosis after he takes a mans life. Sounds like a pretty common federal crime to me. If not, correct me.

But now we have to ask why jack ran into the store, why he pulled out the gun, why he asked for the money, why john says no, and why jack kills john. We have to ask why because why involved an emotional answer because you're answering emotionally.

I'm giving my head a rest but in summary, I don't think control is a good thing. Because what goes around, DOES, and will ALWAYS come back around. Same as opposites always attracting. So when you think about it, a kid only wants this new toy because he doesn't have it. he doesnt want it because the other kids have it... All the kids could have AIDS and he wouldn't want it.. he doesnt want it because he likes it because you can have sex and not like it...

So with control, and no control being its opposite, people only want control because they don't have it. And people who have control, don't want it, and they give it up one way or another.

With that theory though, think of all the controls. Government, schools, parents, anything with some type of rule, and think of all the reasons and possibilities to why that rule exists.

next time your mommy "grounds" you or "punishes" you, ask yourself why they did what they did/ if they're just grounding you because they want control. maybe its because they realize they don't have control and that they see that they're losing control because you're becoming wiser...

I have so much more to type but im exhausted

2. Those who get that control high, will always want more control. Those that fear will always be controllable.

That being said, control is an illusion that only holds water if it can create the other illusion, fear.

3. Fight the Power !!.. :)
    Of course, you are talking about "education".
    But, any thinking person will fight a control system that will dehumanize you...or...force you to get a license to take a FUCKING shit...!!
    HUMANS... are born to be free...no matter what some fucking arsehole tells you to be different.
    Takecare..