So just how much sunlight does cannabis need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Noxnoctum, Jun 13, 2010.

1. #1 Noxnoctum, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    I found a decent spot off in the woods, looks to be quite secluded. It's got a narrow gap in the trees (narrow in terms of width, it's decently long), running east-west. I'd say it's about 70-80 degrees worth... I'm thinking I could extend that by another 15-20 degrees if I chop down some small (3 inch thick) trees. There's some very tall big trees but they mostly only block out small patches of sun, it's the small ones that are real leafy like. On the extreme sides it still isn't TOO dense so some sun would still filter through.

Is that enough sun?

2. I always recommend atleast 6-8 hours of direct sunlight.

3. a southern exposure is best and it realy should have direct sun..it drops off quickly when shaded.

4. #4 20000678, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    I'll put it this way, the citrus trees I have in pots next to my window have five times larger leaves than those next to the brick, this is no mutation, the leaves closer to the window have bigger leaves while those on the farthest end are normal sized this is due to more reflection from the windows than those next to the brick. 100000 lux is average for a sunny day, but you can increase that and the plant's can take it. You could try putting reflective mylar up and stretch it till it resembles a piece of mirror. From the air it should look like plants, but just go for au natural.

5. Yes it's direct, I'm not an expert or anything but I estimate from about 9AM to 4PM (possibly more) it will be shining unblocked down on my plants.

6. thats good . you should be fine with that. try and use the natural cover. we plant in weed fields where the plant can be hidden by the terrain and the natural growth and make it as hard as possible to get to. i have alot of years outdoors and i have lost more than my fair share. the cops will go where it is. the ripoffs will try for something easier.