Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So i've got these stems....

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by whysguys, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ...and I was thinking about making tea. When I mentioned this to a friend, he said to try turning it into some stronger drink that I can't remember the name of because tea is very weak. What can I do with these stems other than making tea that is easy and potent or should I just make tea? Opinions?

2. How much stem are we talking about? If you have a lot of really fuzzy stems I would say bust them all up and steal the keif. If it's only a handful you can boil them in milk and strain out the plant matter and have yourself a decent coffee/tea/hot chocolate, or just warm milk and cookies.

3. #3 Jojo0420, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    You can make qwiso hash with stems. Search the forums. I read about a guy making some last year on here and saved my stems for nearly a year and ended up with a few grams of hash that will get you surprisingly high.

4. I save all my stems from the moment my school year starts and a few days before it ends I make some QWISO. a few grams of hash is amazing especially since it's free.

5. That's crazy. If it works out for you let me know. If its one thing I'm almost never in short supply of its stems

6. This sounds awesome! Let us know how it goes!

7. This. ^

If you've got enough.

8. Boiling the stems in milk or anything else with plenty of fat should leave you with all kinds of cannabinoids infused in the milk. You can mix that with whatever drink you like. I find I get a nice relaxing body high from that ^_^

You can also save the stems for the next time you're making oil, just grind them up and toss them in with the rest of the stuff.

You can generally use stems for whatever you'd use bud for (aside from smoking, that'll just leave you with a headache), it's just they're the part with the lowest concentration of THC, so you'll need a lot to make it worthwhile imo. I usually just use the things as ash-poking sticks.

9. Nice first post. But wrong about the headache part.. with stems from good bud smoking them will get you stoned. However yes with stems from reg/mids it will just give you a headache.

10. This is actually a really good idea now i think about it... anybody know if you could do this with male plants as well? If so then i can use almost all the plant parts from my grow :)
    Bud- smoking (obviously)
    Trimmings- Qwiso hash
    stem- Happy tea (which is made out of happy milk ;D)

11. I wouldn't. From what I understand, fully grown male plants are higher in CBN's, which I believe are a degraded form of THC. They've been shown to be linked to the sort of grogginess or dizziness you can feel when high, and it's not a great feeling on its own.

However, in the younger stages I believe they have a much higher CBD content, so if you used those you'd probably get a decent body high.

Regardless, don't expect to get much THC out of it if that's what you're after. There is a very slight amount in the male plant, but really it's negligible.

12. It's more of just a herbal drink... something relaxing, not to get high, that's what i have the bud for haha :smoking:

13. man i had like 5 grams of stems put them in hot chocolate and it spilled half inside my microwave tasted like hell and didnt do crap. i was disapointed, and my microwave smelled like hell for a week at least.
    But ive heard of it working countless times.

14. Shitty deal man! That sounds like the worst luck! I've had things boil over in the microwave, it SUCKS!

15. Just saying... you don't just straight up drop them in. You boil, then filter out, then add to whatever you want :)