So ive been thinking... [Read]

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mastaa, Jul 4, 2009.

1. So im only 18, But I question life a lot. What is life? Does anyone know? What is our purpose?

Through my 18 years of life, I have gone through a lot and have been through a lot. Too much to mention but, I questioned life, and have considered suicide because I saw nothing in life.

Well, Lately I have been thinking again.. And it makes me furious and frustrates me... Here it is...

If America is for freedom, How can someone tell me what I can and can't do. Obviously I can't go around taking people's lives because I wouldn't want mine taken away. But I mean really Think about this... How can the government control what I do with my life, What I do to MY body, And What I consider wrong and right.

I have been following the legalization of weed for quite some time now. Since I was 13 so about 7 years now. And lately These questions seem to anger me.

I don't see how a government, Can Decide whats good for EVERYBODY works for EVERYBODY?!?!?

I love to smoke weed, The fact that is illegal is pathetic. HOW can they say that No, You can't smoke weed because its not good. All of these fake propaganda articles and all of these lies about weed frustrate me. I have no criminal record and yea, I might only be 18... But I just don't see how a government who promises freedom can say No, You can't do that. But yet, Its okay to drink your life away? Its NOT RIGHT!

If growing up in America has taught me anything its this... You have to work hard for what you want. And that can easily be taken away in the blink of an eye. The click of a Gat, The closing of jail doors.

Well.. I want weed legalized. So I can do what I want, What makes me happy... How can they deny me this right? Smoking weed is my persuit of happiness. It makes me enjoy life, Opens up my mind, And has caused me to write this to you...

Just venting let me know what you think and I will be more than glad to talk about this with anyone....

Happy 4th of july. :hello::smoke:

2. sorry thought that was funny/stonerish.

good point though. life is unfair. that is all.

3. =] Its all good...

Indeed.. life is very unfair.

4. The problem is, in my eyes, the line that has been drawn between the ideals of right/wrong, or what should be legal/illegal.
    This line has always been hazy. Certain weird actions are legal, the blatantly wrong actions are illegal, and regretfully, certain harmless actions are illegal.
    The Federal Justice System was largely built upon morals that have been prevalent in every society for thousands of years. But as the world progresses, new troubles begin to develop. If a good or service is not wrong, but can adversely affect the way important processes that need to be run, then it is taxed, banned, embargoed, illegalized etc.

It is painfully clear that the laws governing a state (in a worldly, traditional sense) MUST coincide with the agendas of those in power. In a hypothetical state of cannabis: If a person, who is making an obscene amount of money on drugs that are much more harmful than cannabis, has the ability to push their anti cannabis policies which may feed their own agenda to make more obscene amounts of money - than the answer is simple. They will.
    This my friend, though saddening, is the painful ideology of corruption.

meatpie

5. doooood. life is about growth, thats it. think of plants. They dont have goals, dont do anything, but live. and we know this because they grow. BAM. And about the weed thing. the reason its illegal is because of you! you smoked it, and now you have questions. and thats why the government makes it illegal. but for future refernce dont even bother trying to figure out all lifes big questions, just enjoy the herb and once you expeirance enough you'll understand all of them.

6. The answer to life is 42.

/thread.

7. Write your congressman. Just make it more professional.

8. The meaning of life is experience. Our mind is the only thing that separates us from being simple matter.

9. Your question should be, "What is my purpose", not "What is our purpose".

You answer cannot be found without, it can only be found within.

Here, take a lighthearted stroll in this direction :)

Good luck with your search Mastaa, having started is a great step :)

10. our purpose is to continue our species