So its sprouted, now what?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smoked All Dat, Apr 13, 2010.

1. #1 Smoked All Dat, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
    Well I planted a whole bunch of bagseed I have collected over the months in my backyard and like 12 plants sprouted (LOL) so Im sitting here with these like .5-1.5in. plants and I have no clue what to do. I am not looking to go garden shopping or light shopping so I want to do this all naturally basically. Leave them outside, water them occasionally. What else should I be doing? I literally have no idea. I don't have the funds to buy needed expert equipment. Im not looking for amazing dank ass weed just some normal shit. Any suggestions? By the way, my friend told me to dig a hole and put like 10 seeds in one hole, which is what I did. Is this okay? The plants aren't too close to each other but like.. a few inches apart. They are doing fine as of now but I would like some advice. Thanks. By the way, I have planted them about.. 9 days ago. Or 10 days. They did not sprout the first like.. 6 days. Any others questions, feel free to ask.

Info:

Plant size(s): .5 inch - 1.5inches (biggest being 1.5 obv)
    Plant Look - 4 leaves, two leaves looking like marijuana leaves. Same look as the 5 pronged leaf. Such as my avatar. Only two though, on opposite ends.
    Stem Look - Green(lol) thats basically it. Its slightly furry. Not as much as others I have seen.

2. first off your going to want to keep pests away. i planted in the wood before it musta been 50-60 sprouts and the damn squirrels ate em all. i heard you can piss in the general grow area or human blood but, the blood sounds kinda stupid. but i would try the piss. dont leak directly on them but id say within a 5 meter radius of the plants (thats just a guess) you can probably find other ways to keep pests away but that seems easiest. and as for like the grow its self just let em be. water em every so often, and do a sex check after a month or two you probably don't want and seeds.

3. Seperate your plants at least a few feet apart. You don't want them competing and getting root bound.

Only water when the soil is dry. Your roots will reach for water further down and grow faster. You can search these forums for good suggestions for nutrients, but if you're not going to be PHing your water, my advice is to be very careful if you do use some. (meaning use only an 1/8 to a 1/4 strength solution to start out with and ramp it up slowly)

Other than that, it's a weed. Let it grow like one.

4. Alright Ill do that piss thing soon.

I have around 12 of them sprouted. The biggest looks great except on one of it's leaves is a rip near the end (idk how it happened). Is this a threat or is it fine? As for the rest they are pretty small.

5. I would appreciate some more advice :)

Bump.

6. Thanks, but I've already read over that.

Any other advice ?

7. oh idk, ive never really grown outdoors, just that one time. um just kick back and watch it grow i guess one last thing is you might want chicken wire.

8. man i'am in the same situation..doing some research now so if i find anything useful ill be back to report.

Basically just posting so i can see what anyone else has to say about it though :p

9. same here but im indoors, the spruted just not sure what to do now.. good luck though sorry no advice ( ;

10. Cat ate my plants :( Not even my fucking cat.

11. i mean if you're not willing to invest in anything... then what you want us to tell you? if i were you, i'd have gotten some good soil to plant them in... as well as some nutes, ph meter, and ph adjusters... but without that you really can't do much but hope it's sunny and water every 3-5 days...

12. At a minimum, you should try to amend the soil in some way. MJ needs good aerated soil, so go buy some perlite and mix it up in the holes you dig for them. If you want to put a few more dollars, invest in some cheap fertilizer from home depot or some other garden center. Pest control is going to probably be your biggest challenge. Depending on where you are in the world, you will have to deal with different pests. So just figure out what kinds of critters you'll have to do battle with ^_^ and act accordingly.

13. lol i fucked up with my first outdoor grow.
    basically i germinated the seeds and than planted them in regular dirt outside, i have a plum tree right next to them, so i figured if that shits growing the weed should too.
    but than i started my research after the fact, and found out that i basically fucked up. but its kewl. im gonna grab around 8 clones, get good soil, 5 gal pots, nutes, and all that good shit, and let them grow in the back.
    im also starting an indoor project.
    I just figured i would do the back because
    1. its free.
    2. bigger yield
    3. I got a back yard so why the fuck not?

But good luck bro, im basically on the same level you are.
    All we can do is gain more experience and learn from some pro's here.

14. Yeah well most of them died but there are about 8 left. One is giant sized lol. Not giant sized but big for a month or so.. idk 3 weeks probably. It has 2 fan leaves about 3 inches each, and two smaller fan leaves growing right now, but these are TINY.

Other plants are doing about the same at a slower pace.

I recently planted a few more seeds on.. Saturday I think. Or Friday. These are in a pot with growing dirt. This dirt has white shit in it, not sure what brand. It was one of my mom's old plant pots.