So is this a HERMIE? Second Grow - 200W CFL - Bagseed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sebubba, Nov 18, 2011.

1. No, this is the only plant I've got atm. I only suspect there to be balls on 2/8 main branches after examining the entire plant.

2. If balls do continue to develop, beyond the point you can keep up with picking them off before they open, you may want to consider chopping the plant down.

If it does pollinate, and it pollinates enough, you can potentially have fist-sized buds rendered to about a bowl-pack each, due to the volume of seeds they contain. And what's worse, the seeds would be useless to you.. seeds from a naturally occurring hermaphrodite should not be germinated.

If I were you, I'd already either be getting fresh clones (from another plant) ready, or germinating some seeds for the next round.

This plant, regardless the age you have to take it down, can still be used for hash and edibles. So not all is lost, if things do go
    sour. :)

Next time, try to have a few plants going at once.. If you're germinating non-feminized seeds, try to start at least 6 - 8. That way, males aside, when something like this happens to just one female, it doesn't completely negate months of hard work. :)

3. #23 Sebubba, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011

Thanks for all of the info. and I was wondering if I plucked the suspicious growths? there's only 3 of them and none of the top or higher nodes have any of them, only female pistils. Is there still a possibily this plant will produce a fair amount of smokeable bud?

4. herms still produce good ish bud.

5. I grew up on that dirty Texas herme, it will still smoke, had a friend who's plant herme'd and he didn't care, still miles above dirt weed if you put that love into it.

6. Dirty Texas Herm is the shit when u don't know better. Lol
    I was raised on it also, one blunt at a time.

7. Herm or female I'm growing it... I find it more beautiful than anything :rolleyes:. Today I plucked off the 3 *balls* leaving only female pistils visible. I triple checked the bitch. The tops are changing by the day and I'm seeing frost appear on the tiny side nugs. Fingers crossed, I'll be posting progress on its growth every few days :).

8. Got bored so I'll post some shots. Looks female in my opinion. I'd still appreciate anyones input on what I should be looking for as it flowers further, considering other peoples' say on its sex. The smell is also starting to linger, sweet smelling :D.

Attached Files: