So im starting my first grow. Need a little bit of advice. :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NickMode, Feb 16, 2007.

1. So im starting a grow in my closet. With my cloths still in my closet. (i hope they are not going to reek of weed.)

But right now i do not have a box set up. Im am looking for a box or i am going to have to build one. (see pic below for plans) I want to grow 2 plants. Scrog method. 1) And my 22inx14inx3.5ft will be able to house 2 scrog plants. correct?

2) And am i able to just cut a 6in. hole on the side of the box and put that fan there blowing in?

3) And for ventilation, im just going to cut maybe a 3in. hole into my closet and have it all blow into the drywall. Is that a good of bad idea? Will it work?

As for heat problems, i dont think i will have much. It stays pretty cool in my room. its 10 degrees outside, and im pretty sure behind that drywall its going to be fairly cold.

4) So as far as it goes how does my setup look. Im really new to this and i kind of just made this up on the spot. Am i missing anything, do i need to add anything?

And can someone please recoomend a good semi cheap light that i can use for my grow. How many watts should i need, what type. all that. I have money to spend if i need a good light, i want to produce good plants.

and thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. If you keep your clothes in there then yes they will reek.

22inx14inx3.5ft is pretty tight but 2 scrog plants can be done in there.

I think you would be better off with the fan drawing air out rather than blowing in, if you have only one fan.

As for ventilation, are you saying you want to exhaust into the wall interior, between the drywall of your closet and the drywall to the next room? If so that's not going to do much, there are studs that will pen all that air in, it will have nowhere to go.

For light in that space I recommend you go with a 150w HPS and MH conversion bulb. Not sure what your budget is but you will not be sorry you spent on HID.