So I'm Sitting here Watching "DEA" on Spike

Discussion in 'General' started by Androgenicx, Feb 7, 2009.

1. What about being a bodhisattva? Do you believe in that possibility?

2. #22 Androgenicx, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    As of now im dropping everything. Dropping bodhisattva or arahant ideas, dropping everything. They just serve to be a change of illusion from material longing to spiritual longing. Theyre just words, invented by humans. I have, for the most part, studied and taken whatever I have felt useful from Hinduism, Buddhism, and the likes. Now its just me and meditation. I'm going back to India not for more knowledge, but to just bring myself into a space where I am "officially" renounced and can therefore free the part of my mind that remains bound to all this worldliness. I am going back to possibly meditate and grow in the presence of an awakened one, where meditation intensifies many times fold just by being in the presence. I now seek to "learn" from "that" itself, not from human mouths or through my human ears.

I don't know if I will come back, stay, "attain", not attain, die in the process, come back and do my part to liberate the world, or stay in attainment in silence in a forest. All ideas and imagination are counterproductive to the path. Dreams come, I try to recognize them and leave them alone, not indulge them nor negate them. I try not to care for them.

3. Are you down for a PM? I'd rather not ask my question in public, other than whether it's cool to PM you about a personal issue.

4. #24 HighHaze, Feb 8, 2009
    what kind of sickness would that be that he has? is it really a sickness to try to make the world a better place? maybe by sickness you mean an unhealthy obsession, but is it possible to have an UNHEALTHY obsession of trying to elevate the human race?

edit- now that i think about it, i believe i know what youre talking about. i've wallowed in sorrow because of the current state of the world, yet there is nothing i can do to change it (on the grand scheme of things), so i might as well discontinue climbing down this shit hole.
    so you dont negate your dreams yet you try not to care for them? i take it that you just give your dreams recognition and thats as far as it goes. imo, its best to seek those dreams while you are alive. whats a life lived without seeking what you truly dream of?

on the other hand, i understand what you mean by dismissing your dreams of awakening the world because i just think that humans are stuck in our current ways and its pretty much impossible at this point. a sad but true reality.

5. Bingo. :) But really, we all have the answers to our own questions. Just admit we don't know and we can't be far from whatever truth there is.

6. I observe the dreams so that I am aware that I have dreamed of it, that it is a dream - a thought - like any other, and so that it doesn't engrave itself into my subconscious where it works its longing into my life without me knowing. I then forget about them.

Where I find myself right now is in meditation and growth of awareness. Awareness is now-ness and thoughtlessness. Thoughts refer to the past and the imaginary future, as do dreams. Existential bliss "enlightenment" occurs when you fall fully into the now and realize your wholeness - a wholeness that requires nothing, no fulfillment, no dreams. It is already there. Then you do what you do in life always blissfully, and from a place of freedom, not from a place of "I must fulfil this dream to feel complete". Which is why, to me, dreams are hinderances, they are obstacles, they are illusions to this path. These dreams are little more than crude fashionings from what one sees on tv, ones childhood idols, ones various thoughts and beliefs, all of which are false. They are false in that they are not you. You are an unconditioned inexplicable, all the other things you believe to be you are just things that happened to you. Let go of identity, let go of all knowledge, all beliefs, fall thoughtlessly and fully into the moment, and find wholeness and existential bliss there. This is where I go.

7. I watched that show for like 2 hours and didn't see any marijuana take downs. I think the DEA did a good job with their investigations and a good job of targeting heroin, crack, and cocaine dealers. Most of those faggots that got busted I would never want to deal with in my life. Its funny that almost EVERY one of those dudes offered to rat someone out to save their ass, thats a scary situation to be in and the DEA is the fucking boss. Its funny to see this cocaine dealers cooperating and they call up their connect and order a key and the dude pulls up in a range rover then dips hahaha.

That just shows all you hustlers out there that you could be getting set up by ANYONE, and most likely the reason the DEA is getting you set up is to hope that you will set up someone bigger.

8. Let go of all words?

9. When meditating, yes. When talking, it causes much of a paradox :p

Can't let go of words and language, but can let go of identification with them.

10. I'm curious to hear how. But the paradox might be that you couldn't say...

11. #31 HighHaze, Feb 8, 2009
    i like your way of thinking, but essentially it seems that you are downplaying past experiences. these experiences are part of what makes you "you". we are forever changing as we go through these experiences, for the worse or for the better.

the macrocosm of this idea is good though. we are being told how to live our life by so many others without even realizing it....our parents, peers, the church, the media, its pretty ridiculous.

expectations (from others) are what "arent us", but we choose to be that in order to fulfill OTHERS. too busy living for others that we dont have time for ourselves, and we eventually even forget that our "self" even exists

12. [​IMG]

Like I said in the other thread, DONT BLAME THE DEA, APPRECIATE THEM, sure they get rid of marijuana but they also sweep herion, cocain, pcp, meth, stupid drugs that destroy peoples LIVES, there job is to sweep up illegal content off the streets,..... and marijuana just so happens to be classified under illegal

so you know what that tells us? that we need to push hard for legalization, because it isnt the DEA officers, its whats on fucking paper

cops on the other hand are assholes

13. the irony of your logic.....

dont cops also sweep criminals off of the streets?

14. the irony of your intelligence to think normal residential cops work the same as DEA's

read a book

15. #35 bkadoctaj, Feb 8, 2009
    ^
    Hmm... Androgenicx, I think I'm starting to see what you mean.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Man, I hope people understood I was referencing more than just the post directly above.

16. Lol... monica didnt get the main point of the post.
    nothing to do with the DEA/cops, thats just a pin-prick

17. wow, nevermind. just nevermind. -smh-

18. Your barking in the wrong thread. As someone said, the DEA is just a pin prick in the original post.

19. Yes, experiences are what make you "you", but to me that "you" is entirely false, and highly limiting. To me, they are just what make up your superficial identity. I don't believe that this is the true identity, I believe the true "identity" is identity less, is unconditioned, is entirely blissful and whole. Some call it the "soul", some just call it the universal unconscious.

This identity is worthless to me. When you meditate and observe your thoughts, you realize how much of your identity is highly limiting and fraudulent, and you often catch yourself adding negative thoughts and beliefs to your "identity" on a daily basis. All this is unconscious until you meditate and become aware of it. After awhile it gets almost scary and unbelievable to think that this highly limited thing is what you have mistaken yourself to be - a rough bundle of experiences haphazardly put together. You meditate further and you fall into expansive spaces where your identity diminishes very significantly, and your peace and bliss increase exponentially - a different kind of bliss. You see the same nature in everything, everything becomes whole and perfect. Soon "things" stop existing and all that is there is "whole and perfect". After having these kind of experiences and first hand seeing what I consider my identity is highly limiting and in fact fraudulent, I cannot help but seek the path of shattering the ego, shattering the identity, to realize ones innate self which is one with the universal unconscious.

20. Man, I wish my everyday life was a manifestation and vital illustration of this "universal unconscious".