So Im Selling my Gibson

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Randy Marsh, Aug 20, 2013.

1. I bought this guitar a couple summers ago and she's a bute. Its a vintage Gibson Acoustic in really good shape. It does have some minor weathering but sounds mint. I am trying to get at least 1000 for it and I already got people interested in it. I'm not sure what the model of it is. All I know is it was made in Kalamazoo around 1970-72. It has a six digit serial number on the back of the headstock, but i tried looking it up and appartley during those years the serial numbers are pretty hard to look up if possible at all. Anyways the numbers are 953020. If anyone has a way of looking it up and can tell me the model or exact year that would be cool. it also has made in USA on the back of the headstock. And there is no sticker or anything inside the guitar.

2. got a pic of the guitar?

3. Most guitar companies have the serial numbers last 2 numbers or first two numbers as the year of make (ie. My jackson has a serial number of 200718504 and it was made in 2004, last two #s). Based on that i would say your guiyar was made in 95, not the 70s, but i dont know how gibson did their codes. Never was much of a fan of them

4. I could never sell an instrument like that , I'd be too attached 

5. ^^^ sorry, just looked it up a bit, gibson has 8 digit serial numbers for after 1975 to present, so yes, it was made prior to 1975

6. Id post your info and a pic on the gibson forums. They can identify this better than us