So I'm going to a SmashBros:Brawl Tournament

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by SmokeLemenT, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Yeah the local college up here is having some tournament for it. Don't think there are any prizes but its all good.

Can't wait to walk in there and fucking destroy everyone. I've played alot of smashbros64 in my time...and lets just say the majority of my skills transferred over..

This will be fun.

2. just readin that makes me want you to fail

3. I know, I sound cocky haha.
    Don't worry I'll report back thursday night and tell
    anyone who cares how it went down.

4. #4 Homelander, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
    well you show them different bastards how to do it

5. too bad you dont live in the NW...

its all about melee though... i mean wavedashing is the shit
    but brawl is bad ass too

and items suck ass

6. i never use items.

7. yah brawl is sick.. my buddy has won a few tourneys

8. yes its all about 1 v 1's no item, 4 stock

9. super smash 64: Nothing can get near a skilled ness player. Nothing except maybe a crafty luigi

10. During university me and my housemates wasted countless hours every semester playing pretty much nothing but Smash Bros. 64 (and Mario Kart). Early on I played it a lot with one guy who could destroy anyone with Ness. I thought I was pretty good at the game, but he completely embarrassed me the first time I played him.

The only person I have ever seen beat him was me, once, with Yoshi...granted this was after like 3 years of playing it semi-regularly with others so I had lots of practice. I think I just caught him off-guard with Yoshi, a character people don't use that much (one of my favorites though) so he wasn't quite sure how to counter me.

11. DK could always handle ness

12. am I the only that stands behind Link as the best, from the 64 to gamecube to wii I love me some Link

13. Good luck...Smash Bros tournaments are crazy. You think you have skills then bam, some guy dominates you.

I hope you win, do gc proud....oh yeah, which character are you going to use?

14. characters i use.
    Melee - Samus (my main) doc, and game & watch
    Brawl - top three - Luigi, Falco, & Olimar but i use a lot of diff ppl on brawl