so im fuckin pissed

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by smokers, Aug 1, 2013.

1. so I go today to get a new bong at my lhs i pick one out that i like.. it was $170.. I buy it, I get home and guess what the fuckin downstem is too long! So i call em up and ask if i can get one that fits..  they say "no refunds or exchanges" im fuckin soo godam,n pissed off i cant even type... this place is never getting my buisness again.

2. Be grateful, i thought you were going to say it broke
    But just the downstem? Arent those super cheap like $2 ?

3. call the cops and say they tried to sell you weed jay kay

4. Yeah they are super cheap.. but you see my lhs isnt really local lol.. its about a 45min drive.. and I have to borrow the car to get there.

5. Just take it back to them. Show the piece and claim "I don't want an exchange, nor refund. Just the working set up for what I bought". :smoke:

6. I'd be pissed too, that's inexcusable and shitty business.

7. Why'd you buy a downstem that didn't fit?

Honest question.

YES ! go back and kick their butts !

9. did you pick out the downstem yourself and thats why it didnt fit, or did they give u a package with the wrong downstem? What im asking is was it your negligence or theirs which caused this? either way though they should still help you get a working set up

10. it was their negligence! on the shelf the pipes dont have bowls or downstems.. they put them on when ur getting ready to buy.

11. Ah that sucks dude, i would definitely try to get ahold of somebody else at the store/ or the owner and explain how some worker fucked up on the downstem the gave to fit your bong. You could probably get a new one and maybe even a little gift from the store 

12. #12 Marktasti, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    You should always, ALWAYS make sure that the pieces that you buy from the headshops fit.  I don't want to sound like a douche, but it isn't their problem that you didn't inspect the pieces before you bought them.  That being said, you will have to bring it back to show that you haven't turned your bong into paraphernalia for a schedule one substance because once you have used weed in one it turns into an illegal device by federal law and since the headshops usually pay federal taxes they have to be careful.

The previous paragraph assumes that you picked out the pieces yourself, if they did in fact sell it to you as an already put together set, then yeah they're asshats

13. What in Sam Fuck is this talk of $2 downstems? Glass on glass, ground joint? I was under the impression that even the poorest quality six slit downstems were $15 and up. That's how it is in my area anyway. To the OP, this is a good opportunity to upgrade your bong with a showerhead or tree arm downstem. Bongs are an investment, after all.