Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So if marijuana were to be legalized...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hiimhi, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Do you think the cost of QUALITY medication will rise, or drop?

2. I think it may drop 10-20%, but I think there will be a market for medical quality bud.

3. I think if it's legalized, there will be electricity tax raises:mad:

4. cost would go up but i'd expect the quality to rise as well wiht all the 'selective breeeding' that would go on...i suppose

5. I think what will happen will be a short term rise in price immediately after legalization due to the increased demand. :(

By the next outdoor harvest, (fall 2011) the prices will begin to drop. The Rand Corp. is predicting an ounce to eventually settle at about $40. (That is still a bit steep for an easy to grow agricultural product, IMHO)

I also think Obama will offer up rescheduling cannabis as a way to help get himself re-elected. (Think about it- Cannabis users are potentially a huge voting block that could easily swing an election.)

Now as to the "quality"- well, "quality" is a rather slippery term that depends on what you need!

Example- If you are just looking for THC - you may think the new high CBD strains aren't all that "good quality", even though they are "medical quality". Yet a person who has an ailment that responds to CBD will think they are great! (CBD is non-psychoactive- it can't get you high).

Each one of us can define "quality" a bit differently.

But one thing is always true- you KNOW that the cannabis you have grown for yourself, is the very BEST QUALITY!

6. If if were legalized at the federal level at the snap of the finger, I think prices would be very turbulent in the beginning. In the long run it will definitelyy Go down from the street price of 20/g or 350/oz, and quality will remain high.

There is already such a vibrant market for MJ, so legal businesses will have to provide a wide array of products, meaning there will be a mix of lower grade to high end medicine..... The most important thing about legalization though, is that anyone could grow without the fear of ruining their lives, and could produce POTENT, which is priced as a function of your own personal expenses, not some supply-chain.

7. #7 Lebowski, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    Quality, in terms of potency and aesthetics, has already peaked in california.

Availability would rise everywhere, probably more for low grade than for high grade, but the availability of high grade would still rise.

Look at it this way-
    The quality of alcoholic drinks has peaked. The finest alcoholic beverages are being made and are available.
    Still, you find many more stores selling cheap alcohol.

The best marijuana (alcohol) already exists. Legalization will make it more available everywhere, but low-grade will be even more available everywhere.

edit:
    One all-encompassing mark of quality will rise for everything though- cleanliness and purity. Dirty, moldy, chemical-ridden cannabis will almost disappear, as regulations, inspections, and the free market take hold.