So if Jesus comes back again...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Nathan, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Do we all die? Yeah.. I know nothing about religion lol.

2. wait... why would jesus come back again? he died already.

but lets say if he did come back. I dont think any of us would die because if we did then that means jesus killed us meaning he committed a sin by killing us.

3. #3 Perpetual Burn, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    No.

Popular belief is that there will be what has been called the Rapture. Many Christians believe that believers will be brought up to Heaven before the battle of Armageddon, but this is incorrect. It is actually those without faith that will be killed... the grapes that will be thrown into the winepress of God's wrath.

There will be a Battle of Armageddon in which Satan will lead the world astray. Many will die in these battles before Jesus returns to capture the Devil.

Then Jesus will reign on Earth for 1,000 years while Satan is in prison. After being let out of prison, Satan will attempt to mislead humanity into war again, but will be destroyed once and for all.

At this point God's kingdom will be fully established on Earth. There will be no end of time or destruction of the world. Heaven is coming to Earth. God will live with us.

Just read Revelation... it has everything you need to know about the return of Christ and the future of humanity. (as far as Christian theology is concerned)

4. That makes sense because when you think about it, god wants to keep the devout Christians down there to fight the battle because if they were to be brought up to heaven, no one would be able to fight the devil.

Sounds like the non believers got the easy way out huh?

Why only 1000 years? why not for eternity? Why is the devil let out from prison?

5. #5 Perpetual Burn, Mar 18, 2010
    Actually, believers aren't supposed to fight. "Thou shall not kill." It is the Devil's war. Any war is not righteous. It is man killing man. Brother killing brother. God killing himself.

Maybe. The smoke from their torment will rise forever and ever... which is what some people interpret as hell.

It is not all non-believers that will be killed. It is really just the most evil people and those who willfully follow Satan. Many non-believers will remain after the Harvest to face the Seven Woes... and will have time to repent.

Well, 1000 years equals a day and a day equals 1000 years... so it may not be a precise amount of time. I think it's just the amount of time Jesus needs to unite the world in peace and love.

Good questions... in my opinion, the Devil is a tool of God's. Basically a test to choose between good and evil. Remember, the Devil himself says to Jesus, "I am the authority over the nations, tribes, and languages. If you bow before me, this authority can be yours. The authority that which has been given to me."

EDIT- "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours."

http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/4_1-13.htm

Who do you think gave him the authority?

6. but god is actually killing himself when he lets the devil cause hell on earth. If god is all powering and there is nothing he can't do, surely he could just do away with the devil to begin with.

I doubt anyone on the earth would willfully follow satan and if there was people who did that, the war wouldn't be long in the first place as most ( if not all) the population would believe in god as soon as this happened.

Ah, now we are getting down to the essence. I too because that the devil is a tool of god.
    Thats why the devil was in the garden of Eden that caused our original sin.

7. Well, I think it comes down to free will. If God is to give you true free will, then you must be able to choose evil. And if you have free will, you will be free to impinge on others' free will... this is what Satan does.

I think there are people who reject Good enough to "follow Satan." Which doesn't mean you have to worship him... just "do evil."

Yeah, God said "Don't do this." THen presented himself as someone else and challanged you to do it.

8. kind of like what the government does to us right? So in that sense, the government is actually the devil? We can't just follow the lords word and be fine. We have to pay tax, live by archaic laws, not to mention other things we have to do in society because really we don't have free will as our free will is impinged on by others free will.

ah, true but people won't fight with the devil when rapture comes. At least, I hope they don't.

so in that sense, all that god has to do is present himself as anyone... Basically what I am getting at is that god challenges us for example ( real life scenario): "2 planes crash into a building by some random person and if we were to follow the word of god, we should not retailiate against them". Could it be that the devil ( which is actually god) is actually testing us to see if we would break gods law for our own sake of pride? If that's the case, the we have already failed. As they say, god works in mysterious ways.

9. If man is god is he not also Satan?

10. Yes. According to most Abrahamic theologies, the government is seen as an adversary to humanity. The essence of government is to violate free will.

It's not really fighting with the Devil... fighting is of the Devil. People know killing is wrong... but they delude themselves so much that they think violence is an acceptable solution.

Yeah, the proper reaction to 9/11 would be to turn the other cheek... only out fear and pride were Americans tricked into supporting the "war on terror."

But just because the US government and it's warriors reacted in the wrong way, does not mean the whole of America has failed. The war in Iraq has also created the largest protests in human history.

Probably.

But keep in mind... the good part about being the Devil is you control how evil he is. ;)

11. Sure...

Probably won't happen though. I can't remember many truly convincing returns of Christ, and there has been a million new Jesus' since the real one died.

12. Jesus said it himself. If you believe in Him, you will live forever.

If you don't, you will die, in fact you will die twice.

13. Okay ,..... so what if satan comes back?

:hello:

rofl

14. Mathew 24
    4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

He's already here ;)

The walking dude.

15. Alright then how do we know the REAL zombie Jesus when we see him?

16. Until after the end I believe. Revelations has some stuff in it.

I think he only comes back to vanquish satan, in which case you will KNOW. It would be the end times, after the 7 trumpets and the 7 woes, and people have had time to repent.

Let's put it this way. If you ever see the real Jesus, I think you will be out of time.

I wonder if he will ever come back though. Perhaps god will let humanity run it's course with no ending, and this was all just to show how little time we have in our lives?

17. #17 notbakedenough, Mar 18, 2010
    We're all Hitler inside and we're all Christ inside.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk]YouTube - I Met the Walrus[/ame]

18. lol. Now im getting visuals of jesus walking walking but anyways...

He will be "jesus like" of course. It wouldn't be very hard to find.

19. We all have the ability for both good and evil.

Is that Lennon? He knows some stuff. :hello:

20. Can't rep you but thanks for posting that; haven't heard it before.