so i went to a psychiatrist and he said weed is bad.

Discussion in 'General' started by panflake, Jul 19, 2011.

1. He's a psychiatrist. He's gonna want to prescribe you pharma drugs. I'm sure he knows better, but it wouldn't be worth the career risk to say weed is a "good" drug.

2. fuck idk what to believe

3. This.

IMO (more like a fact) anything your shrink prescribes you is going to be much worse and much more addictive than weed.

4. This is a bad place to ask. Your asking a bunch of stoners, many of whome will tell you weed is harmless and to smoke up.

But your doing SOMETHING to your brain, and even though its a plant its unnatural

I say quit man, weed brings out my anxiety and depression and makes life kinda shitty with consistant use.

5. I would take a break, man. My psychiatrist told me stop smoking and proscribed me some pills that are given to people who need a niche in kicking their nicotine addiction. I left the pills at my dads so i haven't taken them (I have only taken 1 of the 7 I got) and I think im doing fine. I have like half a gram left, so once i finish that I'm gonna give the pills a shot and see how my life is without the herb. I would suggest the same for you. I mean when it comes to weed, it never hurt anyone to step back and stop to clear their head for a bit. Plus your tolerance will be low when/ if you blaze again.

6. i smoked some weed and decided psychiatrists are bad :smoking:

7. I never last more than a couple of sessions....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efq6JQ0tqgU]‪Dexter: I'm a Serial Killer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. only you know the answer son

9. He's right man. If you have a mental illness/disorder weed can exacerbate the problem massively, though so can alcohol. This comes from personal experience from a guy with a personality disorder.

10. Sorry to double post, but this basically represents my life also. Take a break dude.

11. ^^ it all depends on the person, keep your head straight and you'll be able to tell if smoking is something that helps you or is bad for you. Best way to do that is to take a week T break or longer and see how you like life w/o smoking. i

12. Moderation is never a bad thing. If you feel it helps, so be it, if you feel it doesn't then cut back.

Like most have said, the only person who can tell you, is you.

It'd be nice if i'd stop being hypocritical and follow my own advice, from time to time.

13. I've always been fucked up in the head, but my life, decision-making, sense of well-being and all around happiness has been much better since I started smoking pot. Do what you want to do. It's your head after all. No one else can tell you what to do with your head. Psychiatrists, psychologists and all these so-called experts don't know jack. The human brain is much too complicated for anyone to understand it fully.