So I watched the news yesterday

Discussion in 'General' started by JustBlazeMI, Nov 21, 2008.

1. After watching the news yesterday I found myself angry and frustrated. The only things on the news were negative. A house burned down with 2 elderly folks inside, an 11 year old is shot by a 12 year old, the stock market free fall, more layoffs on the horizon, ect.

That's not even the worst part 3 out 4 commercials were for pills and prescription drugs. It pisses me off so much that these drugs are shoved down the publics throat every time they turn on the TV or open a magazine. Don't people understand that if they take care of their bodies and eat right, they won't think they need these pills. But the worst part is the drug companies have mega billion dollar budgets in marketing these drugs to the public to convince them, they are needed. Anyway.................I could go on forever. :eek:

2. Yea I work for a FOX news station, basically every day I think the world is coming to an end.

3. I read the news today, oh boy

4. Sky dog, who is that in you avatar????

Is that Duane??

5. You know it

6. The news isnt there so much to inform you on the world around you. Its there to make you accept all the horrible tragedies of the world, in hopes to desensitize you, making you more likely to buy the products being advertised to fulfill your life with joy and happyness in this "dark cruel world".

Idea.

7. Ya its a terrible world

8. yea, that all media does, spread the fear. make people stay home and take bunch of pills..
    3/4 of americans are stupid and dont understand what the gov,big corporation, and feds does to you. they only want u to know what the they want u to know. plus, they get happy if everybody dont understand politics. but if we do, then there is high chance that they will make us shut up.

9. The news is there to get ratings, period.

10. I don't watch the news anymore.

More mindless shit the media wants you to hear.

And then there's the prescription drug thing... I don't even want to get into that.

I just found out this morning that 2 of my best friends are anti-depressants. They really don't need that shit.

11. exactally, if everybody stops watching media, then they goin have to change their ways... if that still doesnt work then :hello:

kiss my ass, media!

12. Do they do shameless stories about American Idol on your FOX affiliate? I just shake my head when I realize I've been listening to an in-depth report about what's going to happen on the live results show or whatever...

I don't like American Idol. American Idol is not news. Stop talking about it, Maria Stephanos!

13. any of you guys hear about that big thing that happened, where some news anchor got fired because he complained to the producers about how they gave them a story to report that was completely bullshit, and turned something horrible into something great, and all the producers told him was "we dont pay you to tell the truth we pay you to say what we tell you"

so they ended up firing him and got someone else to do it

i dont remember exactly what it was about but one of my teachers had told me about it

14. holy fucking shit dude, you have no idea.

I'm dreading this new season of American Idol, hopefully I can find a new job soon so I don't have to listen to that bullshit for another year.

We cover American Idol even when it's not in fucking season!!!

You just pushed a button man, now I gotta go smoke a cig, haha.

15. Yeah I like to call the major networks news a "fear commercial". They scare ya a little with impending doom, then they try to sell you a pill to fix it all. Scripted, politicly driven, propaganda infused with commercials shouldn't even get the title, "News".

Careful, the eyes and ears are gateways to our spirit. Dont let any ole trash in. I stopped watching that crap, and try to get a fair idea of the news via the internet. (Gives us a little more control as to what we let in.)

If you are a frequent television news watcher, Next time the anchor person is trying to sell you something, ask yourself why. IMO Much Love.

16. That's true though, journalism doesn't really exist in cable news or local affiliate news; we're not obligated to tell you the truth. Anchors are there to read what is on the teleprompter and look pretty, but for fucks sake sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get them to speak and read properly.

Sometimes the big network news shows will have good journalistic pieces, but even then it's mostly garbage.

You should see how our producers write, it's a joke.

17. I think you'd be disappointed in the answer - you're reading too much into it.

18. Sad to say the most reputable news is not even American, it's the BBC. Go figure

19. Perhaps... I just meant... While watching the "news" shouldn't the commercials wait for the commercial break? The anchor tries to sell you a Coke, a Ford, and a Prozac. Then they cut to 5 minutes of trying to sell you a Coke, Ford, and Prozac. Followed by a gratuitous plug for the new season of Idol or whatever Coke and Ford commercial they have planned. Yep thats our news. Sad. IMO Much Love.

20. Well, it's not so much that they're trying to sell you things during the news cast, it's just that we can't bad mouth the sponsors ya know?