so I was messing around on my camera...

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Oct 30, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Atomic Stoner"']My question stands[/quote]

Your avatar is a creepy mindfuck

2. he wasnt serious. it was a joke. are you serious? or are YOU trolling now?

so posting a cool picture and acting like its serious (aka joking) is trolling on GC now? wow, thats horrible. sounds like a fantastic community to be a part of.

i cant believe what i've seen in this thread, just a bunch of trolls trying to call someone ELSE a troll. ridiculous! DD said numerous times after the joke got found out what he did to get the pic....and everyone is still all butthurt and trying to "debunk" the image that he ALREADY ADMITTED was uploaded with an app that PUT THE IMAGES TOGETHER. you people need to ALL smoke a bowl and fuckin chill smh this is ridiculous. cant even post a joke without getting jumped on here. wonderful.

and yeah, he "kept it going" as long as he could so what? i wouldve too if i had a cool picture. whats the fun in keeping it going for 3 posts then someone "debunks it" and then he's like oh yep youre right htreads over. it was a fun thread that people were supposed to join in on, not go like someone else said "full blowd detective" and suddenly everyone became photoshop experts as well. i bet 90% of you have never even opened photoshop.

3. It sounds like you just don't understand the difference between stitching together two images to make a panoramic picture, and acting like a blurred picture of your cat is a cat ghost that randomly appeared in your picture.

The OP implied in his original post (jokingly, he says) that the cat was never there in the first place, which is what made the picture "creepy/interesting" and what made people try to debunk it. Because cat ghosts do not exist. :poke:

4. How is it a joke when OP was denying editing the picture for 5-6 pages, and saying "fuck you all" this is the real deal blah blah. He was bullshitting not joking. He got caught slippin' and that's when he tried to save face by acting like it was a joke at the end. Some of OP's threads have been ridiculous lately. But you're new so you wouldn't know.

Jokes are supposed to be funny by the way.

5. i just read 9 pages and still don't understand what even.. :confused_2:

6. #126 Niveuspuer, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
    Most troll threads do have a basis in humor but that doesn't mean they aren't troll threads. And it's still a troll thread regardless of whether the OP admits it 6 pages in or not.

If posting deliberately provocative messages intended to rile up other users doesn't qualify as trolling to you, what does?

7. i do know the difference indeed. he said 100 times he didnt photoshop the image - everyone kept6 saying he edited and photoshopped it. by saying that he didnt photoshop it or edit it, he wasnt lying. he put the 2 pics on the app and it blended them together. he didnt personally do anything to the pictures.

"acting like a blurred picture of your cat is a cat ghost that randomly appeared in your picture. "

once again, this is what someone does when they are messing around. i guess i shouldnt say joke since jokes generally have punchlines. he wasmessing around. i read through the whole thread.

i'm sorry that OP's picture doesnt meet GC's approval. i'll remember to never post a picture of something silly ever again, lest i be called a troll and have 9 pages worth of people calling me a liar.

8. that is NOT what he intended to do at all. it's just what happened because everyone on GC has very little sense of humor.

9. yall mad he had yall sketchin bout dat ghost. das all

10. Let this thread be a sign that GC has gotten worse and worse over the years.

11. I'm too high for this thread.

12. [quote name='"fluffykush"']How is it a joke when OP was denying editing the picture for 5-6 pages, and saying "fuck you all" this is the real deal blah blah. He was bullshitting not joking. He got caught slippin' and that's when he tried to save face by acting like it was a joke at the end. Some of OP's threads have been ridiculous lately. But you're new so you wouldn't know.

Jokes are supposed to be funny by the way.[/quote]

I believe he meant, "fuck you guys for ruining the fun".

I get what the OP was doing and I also understand, instead of just going along with it, people had to analyze the picture to death.

Can't fucking prank no more!

13. He took with the panoramic lens app. Here's what happened:

-- The panorama view takes three photos separately and then melds them together giving the panorama effect
    -- Since it takes separate photographs everything has to be perfectly still and in the same place or the finished photo will be distorted
    -- He started his photo on the right side where the cat was. As he moved the camera over, the cat left.
    -- So in some of the pictures the cat is there and not there. When the app melded the photos together it created this ghostly effect
    -- BOOM

14. [quote name='"Badfish90"']He took with the panoramic lens app. Here's what happened:

-- The panorama view takes three photos separately and then melds them together giving the panorama effect
    -- Since it takes separate photographs everything has to be perfectly still and in the same place or the finished photo will be distorted
    -- He started his photo on the right side where the cat was. As he moved the camera over, the cat left.
    -- So in some of the pictures the cat is there and not there. When the app melded the photos together it created this ghostly effect
    -- BOOM[/quote]

/thread

15. :poke:

Was better as legit ghost cat.

16. People don't find being tricked and deceived as fun ;)

Thus, why the word "troll" is thrown around so much.

The day and age of internet trolling has ended. Trolling is no longer an artform that can be appreciated, it's only held in high disdain.

17. I just know that FUCKING with people has been around long before the Internet and its fun.

We did just have a holiday that involves trickery and this picture was a great example of it.

18. But the internet ruined it, because it became widely abused, far more than pranking in real life could be. Now, people are sick of it.

I'm not saying I have anything against havin fun or trollin, just saying what the general consensus is now a days.

19. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... everyone is so fucking serious!