So i was eating some spaghetti in a can..

Discussion in 'General' started by InferiorZone, Jan 26, 2009.

1. I looked at my can and there's plenty of vitamins in that shit!.

2. I prefer mircrowavable mac&cheese. ;)
    that looks discusting.. to be honest.

3. Americans have been turned into a mass of dimwitted, easily manipulated slobs thanks to this sort of nutrient-deficient mass-production, and now we should shift that burden to developing nations?

4. If anybody has properly prepared homemade macaroni and cheese, and still prefer the boxed crap, well... im not quite sure what to say, iIreally wouldn't be proud of liking the processed foods over unprocessed foods.

I never really cared what i ate until about 2 years ago when i started working in a expensive restaurant. After eating really awesome fucken meals for awhile(i get free food everytime i work), i now lean toward turning on the stove and preparing something than opening the microwave and pressing some buttons. Prefering those quick foods means your used to eating them, and your taste buds have gotten use to bland, simple, processed tastes and will continue to, its really unhealthy for you, but whatever. Those foods are made to taste good, be made cheap, and last a long time(in your small intestine).

Its like drinking coffee, hate it at first(99% of ppl), but once you drink it more, it starts to taste better.

5. #45 Soap, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Did you even read my post before responding?
    Everything has vitamins, the bad stuff (preservatives, fat, sodium, random fillers) outweighs the few insufficient vitamins by a great deal.

6. Dude, I've been to several third world countries, and even they turn their nose up at American food.

Would starving people eat if if they had no other choice? Of course, but stop acting like canned spaghetti is some kind of luxury. None of us here live in a third world country, so we're talking about people CHOOSING this crap over freshly prepared food.

Processed food is a fucking abomination that's making us fat and unhealthy.

7. Here is the problem.

8. I hate canned Pasta! It sucks! If starving i would hunt for wild food before i would eat that crap.

9. hey! that was my 1,420th post :hello:

10. Sorry, you missed the almighty post 1000 posts ago ;)

11. What a buzzkill! Couldn't you just let me enjoy the moment? :p

12. I can now.

Hahaha, i am a buzzkiller, by trade.

13. mmmm I love me some Chef Boyardee mini-raviollis

14. I like homemade food, but I'm not much of a cook and don't really care to be. I'll make simple shit every now and then. Mostly if I eat real food it's when someone else makes it (and I always love it) but at home it's alot of fast food or boxed stuff. Hamburger Helper, Hungry Man Dinners, Bertoli's Pasta, shit like that. I used to have an ex live with me and she cooked a lot, it was awesome. Other than that, Real Food...Processed food....Good for me....Bad for Me.....I don't give a fuck, I'll just eat whatever I like, which includes most anything.

15. Elitists

16. They make spaghetti in a can!? wtf... ew

17. When it comes to what I eat, I'm a huge snob. I have no problem admitting that.

18. nah that isnt crazy. a lot of ppl dont have that *thing* about food where its supposed to be a big production and social event. my dad is like that. he doesn't like big meals. when he gets home from work he has a couple glasses of red wine and then will eat crackers, cheese, and some deli meats and that's his dinner.

19. I thought pot was supposed to make people's standards for food go down.

20. Exactly.